d2 coil overs

smog

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, I know you are wanting it, so am I. Hopefully I will have an update in a week or 2. This will happen, just takes time. I'd like to road test a set before I get them mass produced also.

Some good news, I found out I actually do get some kind fo employee discount through roadway express, nations largest ltl freight company I figure if this gp gets cracking. and I get a lot of orders, we can save some money when the time comes to get them shipped out to me.

Alrite smog, end of the month, whats the good/bad news, if any? This is like waiting for Christmas to come when you're 5! Its been sooooo long since this thread was started, and it just seems to poke its head up when people ask whats up, and then it dies back down... Lets get'er done!

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, I PM'd Smog about 2 weeks ago, and have not gotten a response, and there is no new info on this GB. As far as I am concerned this GB is dead, and it needs to be handled by a member that will act on it, and not let it sit and rot. Any takers? I suggest first starting by contacting the guys at D2, and find out if they have even recieved the StarQuest suspension pieces yet, and then moving on from there. I hope this goes through...

So like lets make this a group effort does anybody have a number or e-mail also does anybody have a set of shocks that they can ship i may have a set i'll pull them off one of my cars. I hope i get them back

I want a set of coilovers so I'l make this happen may take a bit due to work but we will see how this goes.

ok ok

Alex

• 1 month later...

I have been in contact with d2 racing and have waited to see if the originator of this post and his own website would come through, it looks like he is having problems. If you guys want this I will start the prosess where i left off, which was to send a set of stock suspention to d2. I have the suspention out of a quest tsi that i just purchased. The deal is pretty much the same we need ten people that want them and they will take some time for r&d and the price is not known but should be comparable to thier other prices if not a little cheaper due to a group purchace

Let me know

Alex

Team Auty Racing

• 1 month later...

This is probably against board policy, but here's what he said over there:

11-27-06 1:05pm- I just got off the phone with JIC. THe person I am dealing with said their boss is pretty interested in doing these coilovers, and will discuss this with him tomorrow and give me a call back. He also mentioned people were calling them about coilovers...Please do not bug them about the coilovers. If they do decide to do them, I will have to meet a set limit of orders i.e. group purchase to even get them made. If someone could please post this on the sqc thread, that would be great.

So, I have no idea when it would get done, but it seems like there was some promise with D2, JIC sounds nice, but getting these sooner would be better. Basically, the purpose is to be able to lower the car more than possible with stock shocks and still have decent ride and alignment. Hopefully that can be achieved.