question about hoods

There was a group buy for a replica 83' hood made of CF. oh my budda, what I would pay to have gotten one. I would try asking around. maybe we could get another group buy for sum more CF 83 hoods. that would be shway! :D

You goofballs. I tried to get a hold of Gary that has a post for fiberglass hoods on 2.6liter.us and he has or had a mold for the 83's. If anybody starts making any hoods for the cars, please make a functional version of the 83 type hood or something. I have a couple of hoods that I am going to mess with and see if I cant come up with something better than stock!!!! :idea: :?

if I'm correct, the CF '83 that was made for that GP had a functional scoop. That is why i wanted one so bad. If i can get ahold of one, I'm gunna have a customs shop make me one here in town, but that will be way expensive :( Fiberglass is cool, but I want CF.

• 6 months later...
The 83 hood is a lot differant from the later years, buying the inserts will not do. As far as functional, the highest pressure area of the hood is at the cowl area, much higher than the nose or 83 scoop area( just open up your vents, work great don't they?) The 83 hood was for looks that's it had a little rubber flapto keep the rain out when stationary... GPN

The CF 83 hoods had no openings in it if I remember correctly. Of course, thats nothing a little cutting couldn't fix.

Contact Gary- he has the FG83 and FG cowl hood molds and a molder he works with.

Having another mold made would cost thousands- why not get one from someone who's done the prototyping and has a good quality product.

That is exactly what I am saying!! I would pay good money for one of the FG 83 hoods if he would fix the mold and do another run of them. I have already talked to him about starting some bcuz of quite a few interested people including me. I would do what I needed to it after receiving one. Kronus's and the other 2 hoods that were made are non functioning. Gary also has the mold for the FG cowl hood. If we can't motivate Gary, I plan on creating a custom hood on my own. Functional but not outragous.

That is exactly what I am saying!! I would pay good money for one of the FG 83 hoods if he would fix the mold and do another run of them. I have already talked to him about starting some bcuz of quite a few interested people including me. I would do what I needed to it after receiving one. Kronus's and the other 2 hoods that were made are non functioning. Gary also has the mold for the FG cowl hood. If we can't motivate Gary, I plan on creating a custom hood on my own. Functional but not outragous.