CARBON FIBER HOOD/AIR DAM/HEADER PANEL **GP INTEREST ONLY**

desert_starion

OK FELLAS!

I was at a motorsports store this week trying to get some wideband O2, and 295 tires, and when I was in the warehouse searching through the tires, I happened to walk past a big mill of CF!!!!!

I asked the owner (who is chinese) what that was for, and he filled me in:

Apparently the mill is used for CF fabrication, and after a bit of discussion and Phone # exchange, he told me that he has a few chinese folks who do the same CF hoods and or Aerodynamics as you see for sale on various stores for numerous cars....Except not in China, but here in US locally in my town!!

I told him about the CF Hoods we all want as well as the front air dam and he said he'd call me about it in a few days...well he called me yesterday and told me that he can knock out 50 of whatever in about two months..just have to have the right hood or airdam to go off of and it will be copied....

Now I know that the CF hoods are being done and outsourced to china, thats ok and I wont complicate the situation any farther than it's already been, but I know that the factory airdams are about $300 bucks after shipping, and alot of us need Header Panels so I was just posting this to see the amount of interest in them so I can take this a step further..

I can tell you this: The fabricator promised to make a CF hood/Airdam/Header Panels for you guys to see! So that you can earn my trust as well as the fabricator BUT:

DONT ASK ME FOR SPECIAL DESIGN OR GIVE ME IDEAS OF WHAT YOU WANT IT TO LOOK LIKE: (DONT WASTE THE THREAD) This GP is strictly for what can be copied, as of right now I dont have an 83 hood to go off of, but I do have a brand new factory 88-89 airdam that I can donate to be copied.....

I AM TESTING THE MARKET RIGHT NOW: Meaning that I am just testing waters, for the number of poeple who will be interested in this, and would eventually pay for this product, If and when I see enough interest, I will have another thread that will require payments/deposits for the CF products, and that will be only 30% of the full cost of the final product!!!!

This way, no-one is pissed at anybody for not getting their product on time or any other reasons, and no body is screwd!

I have the confidence of the owner to fullfill CF Hoods at around $380-$400, Airdams will be $350, BUT IN ONE TO TWO MONTHS.

I Still have to see how long it takes for them to make one Airdam, so I can post the progress and pictures. For That I will dedicate my money and time so no-one else's money is involved.... (this includes the time to make a mold and etc etc)AFTER A MOLD HAS BEEN MADE, ITS GO TIME!!

FOR NOW, Please post your interest, wether you'd be interested in CF Hood or Airdam Or Header Panel... THANK YOU and hope to see something out of this!

DONT WORRY ABOUT MATERIAL SHORTAGE....THERE IS PLENTY OF CF For most of us to make a whole car out of!

AGAIN: Replies to this thread are only to post interest in either product....CF hood, CF Airdam. CF Header Panel I hope that I made this clear enough!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If you build it, they will come"

ahahahh I think I said that when the last one started. But hell yeah you make an airdam and post me some pics Ill buy one. What are we looking at for shipping too is another concerrn.

Oh yes. Believe me, I am going to be very busy with this and I will try to make as many items as I can, There is a famous saying " Dont talk about it, be about it" so I will let the products speak for themselves.

All I need is some time, and I will be presenting you with a few products. I am going over the guy's shop to discuss plans and prices face to face, because this project requires "MONEY" and that is NOT YOUR MONEY, So that NO ONE IS AT RISK. I just need to come up with the initial investment.

Basically what I am doing right now is to put the list of people interested in items I described, so when I go and lay down the business talk, I can assure the fabricator by showing the amount of interest simply by showing him the list on this site!. After all, anybody can say that they have 40-50 guys who want CF products, but I have to show for it and this thread is for that!

This way I can have them start making the first series of products, put em on my car and post pictures for everyone!

Thank You all for your comments! Now Let's get this off the ground!

So just put in your interest and I will tally up the total interest before I go to his shop!

Oh forgot about the shipping....Lets not get carried away, I will arrange for shipping, and find the lowest cost after the first prototype is made, I have various shipping resources and it will be taken care of....

I will try to make a hood that is similar to 83 hood, however a bit different since I dont have an original 83 hood (Unless someone is willing to donate one which I doubt it)...But I will try to make it as close to 83 as possible!

I will not put any money down until I see a finished CF hood from anybody, it just sounds too sketchy.

I would only be down for a hood, no header panel, nor a front airdam (I can see visions of it tearing off on the highway or somthing :cuss: )

How about you start off small, maybe making an interiour conversion kit, that allowed you to move your A/C control unit lower to where your radio is, then a Din sized radio slot, then a piece of CF with holes in it for three gauges where the A/C control unit was.

I will not put any money down until I see a finished CF hood from anybody, it just sounds too sketchy.

I would only be down for a hood, no header panel, nor a front airdam (I can see visions of it tearing off on the highway or somthing :cuss: )

How about you start off small, maybe making an interiour conversion kit, that allowed you to move your A/C control unit lower to where your radio is, then a Din sized radio slot, then a piece of CF with holes in it for three gauges where the A/C control unit was.

Nobody is putting up any money except Desert_Starion, that's the whole reason why he's fronting the initial bill, so people can SEE the FINISHED product before anybodies money has exchanged hands.. Interior CF peices can be made without all the tooling/forming of CF cloth.. Get that CF laminate that's ALL over Ebay, drill the holes etc... It's not hard.

Visions of airdam tearing off? How's that? Have you had your stock urethane airdam come off? While urethane is more flexible than CF, it's not even close to being stronger.

I live in New England, not Arizona. Most of your roads look like this //////, And its cold, I could see myself going down a bumpy road in the fall or spring when it is cold, and seeing the $400 piece of carbon fiber in my rear view mirror.

If only I lived somewhere else... I know you can get some laminate on ebay, I just figured you could start small and get some profit that you could put to a very nice finished carbon fiber product.

I live in New England, not Arizona. Most of your roads look like this //////, And its cold, I could see myself going down a bumpy road in the fall or spring when it is cold, and seeing the $400 piece of carbon fiber in my rear view mirror.

If only I lived somewhere else... I know you can get some laminate on ebay, I just figured you could start small and get some profit that you could put to a very nice finished carbon fiber product.

Thank You for your constructive input. :roll: I wish that you had READ MY POST CAREFULLY! I MADE TWO POST AND WITHIN THOSE POSTS I MADE IT CRYSTALL CLEAR>>>>>>I DONT NEED YOUR MONEY.

I have lived in NEW ENGLAND, Brighton Mass. to be exact and I know exactly how the roads are there! Maybe the CF airdam is not the right choice for you! NO-ONE IS FORCING YOU TO BUY SOMETHING THAT IS NOT TO YOUR BENEFIT! I hope that you are smart enough to understand what my purpose is...

Making a CF Interior pieces are not my interest here and I made it clear as well in my first post NOT TO GIVE ME IDEAS OF WHAT YOU WANT. IF YOU WANT SOMETHING YOU CAN SURELY PURSUE IT AND FIND OUT HOW IT CAN BE MADE! THANK YOU AND PLEASE DONT WASTE THIS THREAD!

EVERY ONE is more than welcomed to post their interest IN THE PRODUCTS AS MENTIONED IN THE FIRST POST! NOTHING ELSE IS IN THE PLANS RIGHT NOW! AGAIN I HOPE THAT I HAVE MADE THIS CLEAR THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN THIS MATTER

Thanks to those who are giving me exactly what I am looking for!

Best Regards

desert_starion

First thing I thought about has already been mentioned a few times. I'd be intrested in all 3 pieces, but if I got a header panel and hood on my fiji car, I'd definately want the headlight covers to be carbon fiber. I'm sure you could give him a pair of those to be copied at same time. Othewise it wouldn't look right (I'm not a ricer) :lol: !

First thing I thought about has already been mentioned a few times. I'd be intrested in all 3 pieces, but if I got a header panel and hood on my fiji car, I'd definately want the headlight covers to be carbon fiber. I'm sure you could give him a pair of those to be copied at same time. Othewise it wouldn't look right (I'm not a ricer) :lol: !

Actually its good that you mentioned that, because plexiglass headlight covers and Bi-Xenon projectors are in the works right now, so that the entire pop-up assembly is removed,...I will however look into having the inside (projector housing) made out of CF so that it will still match up with the rest of the stuff...

But for those who can not afford to get all that, or still want to retain the factory pop-ups, I am making headlight covers! I like everyone to have the choice of both worlds....

Actually its good that you mentioned that, because I am working on plexiglass headlight covers and Bi-Xenon projectors, so that the entire pop-up assembly is removed...

Shhhhhh.... :-$ :-$ :wink:

Nobody heard that. :D

Hehehe....yeah I know I edited my post (but damn your replied quick boiii)

....look it up again. I didnt want to take credit for something Im not actually doing myself....

ILL is an Understatement....I hate the pop-ups...just too much weight....and the Sealed beams are so 80's and the technology is much ahead of that time...so that is one part of the car that needs a makeover...plus it will look much better and function much better...

Keep up the good work...