starquest with lambo doors!!!!!

starquestJOE

Honestly, I'm kind of getting sick of lambo doors. I was a big fan of them for a really long time but ever since I've seen them start poping up on everthing from ford focus' to hummer H2's, I've kind of lost my interest in them. What I would love to do one day is to build gullwing Conquest like the few that were produced by Mitsu.

problem with those is structural strength.  you'd have to reinforce the entire top of the car, and that adds up weight as well.  roof has to be strong enough to suppost our heavy doors and their hinges.  i admit, it would look sweet, but maybe a little more money than it's worth.

• 4 weeks later...
it looks good but i think i still think its too ricer. i agree with hybridthry84.

Come on, guys!  This car looks natural this way.  I really think it should've been done in the first place.  The Honda Civic looks like @$$ with the Ferarri style doors, and The H2 is an overdressed Yukon with a rediculous consumer interest.  Stupid Urban Vehicle, if you ask me.  It's because they don't support the design.  Ooh, look Mom!  That guy can't get out of his Hummer!  Why did the supercar designers do this?  Well, in my opinion, because if they had tried to make them swing out, they'd run into the same problem Mitsubishi ignored:  TINY PARKING SPACES.  I for one would like to park my Conquest a little closer to stores, especially when it's pouring outside.  Ricer...  Only rice in my car is the bag in the back seat I'm takin' home to a beautiful woman who happens to make one kick-@$$ stir fry.

Shadow

• 2 months later...
I am working on a scissor hinge kit now for the starquests.  It will be a 2 piece hinge and BOLT ON.  the door will use stock latches to open and close the doors.  The door will open between 10 and 15 degrees to clear the latch then up to about 120 degrees, allowing really easy acces to the car.  It will require 1 strut (125 psi) to assist in the opening of the door.  I have been working for about a year on the hinge and i think this latest setup will be the final one.  I will keep you posted on them but look for them to be ready for purchase late july early august.  I am not going to charge crazy money like most hinge kits are asking, and these will be conquest/starion specific, and not some unniversal kit that you have to hack up to make fit.  You will use your stock door bolts and the kit will include the mounting bolts for the hinge to the frame structure.  You will have to remove your fromt fenders for installation, and drill 5 holes (4-3/8" holes and 1-11/4" hole).  That is the only mod needed to the car.  Of course you will have to extend your factory wiring harness about 15", but that is simple and i suggest soldering the wires, so i will NOT be including the wires in the kit, so you will need to get the wires.  As for a price it is not set in stone, however i am thinking in the $350 range plus shipping for the pair of hinges, 2 struts, and hardware (bolts).  They are made from 1/4" plate and are MIG welded for strength.  The plates and hinge brackets are C&C milled so they look nice.  I will get some pics up when the kits are complete and ready to sell.  I MAY even sell pattern kits for the hinges for you to make your own, but  i have not decided on that yet.  Just thought i would let you all know about it and gauge interested in the kits. Let me know if you would be interested.  Just so you all know i have built a Gullwing Quest before and they are MUCH MORE involved then you think to build, that is why i decided on the "lambo doors" instead.  We did a Gull wing car for a guy in MI a while back, and MY COST was around $5000 with the labor of guys know how to do it.  There is really no way to do a "do it yourself" gull wing kit, sorry guys!

Man I love them, and they look great, but (not just for our cars) they all have rattles and wind noise problems when really being driven. I admit this only comes from talking to two owners-one with a Del Sol and the other with an E36 M3. The kits look amazing and they say that people always stare when they open the doors, but I really dont want to invite more problems on my car...Id love to see on in person, then Id probrobly do it...

• 4 weeks later...
I am working on a scissor hinge kit now for the starquests.  It will be a 2 piece hinge and BOLT ON.  the door will use stock latches to open and close the doors.  The door will open between 10 and 15 degrees to clear the latch then up to about 120 degrees, allowing really easy acces to the car.  It will require 1 strut (125 psi) to assist in the opening of the door.  I have been working for about a year on the hinge and i think this latest setup will be the final one.  I will keep you posted on them but look for them to be ready for purchase late july early august.  I am not going to charge crazy money like most hinge kits are asking, and these will be conquest/starion specific, and not some unniversal kit that you have to hack up to make fit.  You will use your stock door bolts and the kit will include the mounting bolts for the hinge to the frame structure.  You will have to remove your fromt fenders for installation, and drill 5 holes (4-3/8" holes and 1-11/4" hole).  That is the only mod needed to the car.  Of course you will have to extend your factory wiring harness about 15", but that is simple and i suggest soldering the wires, so i will NOT be including the wires in the kit, so you will need to get the wires.  As for a price it is not set in stone, however i am thinking in the $350 range plus shipping for the pair of hinges, 2 struts, and hardware (bolts).  They are made from 1/4" plate and are MIG welded for strength.  The plates and hinge brackets are C&C milled so they look nice.  I will get some pics up when the kits are complete and ready to sell.  I MAY even sell pattern kits for the hinges for you to make your own, but  i have not decided on that yet.  Just thought i would let you all know about it and gauge interested in the kits. Let me know if you would be interested.  Just so you all know i have built a Gullwing Quest before and they are MUCH MORE involved then you think to build, that is why i decided on the "lambo doors" instead.  We did a Gull wing car for a guy in MI a while back, and MY COST was around $5000 with the labor of guys know how to do it.  There is really no way to do a "do it yourself" gull wing kit, sorry guys!

When will these be available? I would love to have a set

• 2 weeks later...

Is this kit coming out or what...

I would love a set of lambo doors... I dont see them to much here... Maybe 1 a month (there is only about 4 cars here with lambo doors...

$350

I'm in... let me know whats going on with it