Re: VERY COOL IDEA: VOTE FOR MODERATORS

questlover

please elaborate on how people screw it up?

One of my friends does stand up and that is a favorite expression of his.

You know how people will say, "Religion is fine, but people screw it up." (Meaning, most things/ideas are good, but once you get people involved with all their different interpretations, those things get screwed up)

It was nothing more than simple sarcasm. Nuttin more, nuttin less.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what this board needs ! More sarcastic moderators! J/K. notice i have inserted a J/K in there so people will see the humour. Us condescended underlings tend to take what you guys say literally sometimes . I will not elaborate . For fear of being Misconstrued .

Guest Paul87Quest

I think a lot of you are losing the big picture here. Have you put a dime into the creation of this board? If you have not, where do you think that you have any say in how things should be done....YOURE A GUEST USING A FREE WEBSITE! Ryddler created this site and has decided upon the moderators. Just because you frequent the site often entitles you to nothing. You can always vote with your mouse and click elsewhere...there are other boards...some without moderators for those that have loud mouths.

If this issue bothers you that much, you are probably spending too much time at your computer. I value this site as it contains a wealth of info and allows fellow questers to unite to help each other. Everywhere you go there are disgruntled people who think their opinions are the only ones that matter or people that just like to be troublemakers.

I was contacted by a moderator about my sig being too wide...that a lot of people still browse at 800x600.....instead of making a whole production out of it I just changed it to what was asked...because I appreciate what Ryddler has created here.

Moral of my ranting: Be grateful there is a free website this nice devoted to Starquests, Ryddler is god in this universe, and if he listens to your prayers is up to him.

I think a lot of you are losing the big picture here. Have you put a dime into the creation of this board? If you have not, where do you think that you have any say in how things should be done....YOURE A GUEST USING A FREE WEBSITE! Ryddler created this site and has decided upon the moderators. Just because you frequent the site often entitles you to nothing. You can always vote with your mouse and click elsewhere...there are other boards...some without moderators for those that have loud mouths.

If this issue bothers you that much, you are probably spending too much time at your computer. I value this site as it contains a wealth of info and allows fellow questers to unite to help each other. Everywhere you go there are disgruntled people who think their opinions are the only ones that matter or people that just like to be troublemakers.

I was contacted by a moderator about my sig being too wide...that a lot of people still browse at 800x600.....instead of making a whole production out of it I just changed it to what was asked...because I appreciate what Ryddler has created here.

Moral of my ranting: Be grateful there is a free website this nice devoted to Starquests, Ryddler is god in this universe, and if he listens to your prayers is up to him.

Thanks for the enlightening.  There are maybe like 5 to 10 people who would pay to visit a starquestweb site.  Ryddler is a very nice person and we are enjoying his site but he is not GOD in this universe and I certainly do not pray to him.  No one asked for entitlement just posting about a cool idea for the wish list.

Paul Its good food to see that you too have an opinion and some of the other "parts" you mentioned as well, some interesting observations in there too rock on dude maybe yngwie Malmsteen will pay a visit to your cranial cavity and we will all get along a little better.. Thanks Ryddler . I find it interesting that we get Ryddlers opinion through the moderators though I think he has a voice of his own and it only because he's busy that we dont always hear directly from him . Its easy to point out someone elses defects especially when you can see them in yourself aint it?

It takes some getting used to, but after a while you get used to the hand being shoved up there like that...

http://home.attbi.com/~starquest/avatars/lambchop.jpg

;D ;D ;D

I find it interesting that we get Ryddlers opinion through the moderators though
 Maybe there is no Ryddler, maybe we made him up.

Darnit guys they are on to us!  Pay no attention to the moderators behind the curtain.  HEHE

• 2 months later...

There are a few dedicated and giving individuals / legends that have made our community what it is today.

I remember names like, Danzig, Vince Tucker to name a couple of people who's tips I enjoyed reading. Don't get get me wrong there are still great tips being posted.

These are a couple of guys that have been around for awhile.

I don't have the statistics on who and how long the current programmers and or moderators have been contributing to this community. It would actually be nice to see a datasheet that lists/ credits the current individuals who make the boards function. This might give us a greater understanding of how the Matrix functions.

As far as I know StarQuestClub.com is Ryddler's creation. I don't know how, or who, or how much, time he or anyone else involved has sacrificed to make this all possible or how much expenses there have been $$$.

How were the current moderators selected and by who?

Wouldn't it be "politically correct" to have the current experienced Moderators decide who they think might be an asset to the S.Q.C. and therefore decide who should be invited to take on the duty of a Moderator.

Say they have their person and the final approval comes from the "CEO" Ryddler.

In my opinion this might help things from getting out of hand.

It's ryddlers site, he's the CEO and seems to me like someone who is very reasonable. Therefore I don't do not challenge his "Executive" decision's.

Has anyone besides Ryddler and the Moderators actually donated anything to the S.Q.C. to help pay some bills?

Good Times,  8)

Sig