Re: VERY COOL IDEA: VOTE FOR MODERATORS

questlover

Of course there won't be voting done.  Like anyone would expect the moderators to agree and encourage this.

I speak for myself on this one, but if you think I need to be a moderator on a Starion board to seek a life long goal or get a rush of "power" your wrong.

All I said is it's Ryddlers decision.

AGAIN... Ryddler calls the shots here.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Call Boosted_One!

I have to agree that Ryddler is the one who runs this site and has the final say in what does or doesn't get posted.  If I was the one paying for all this, I'd remain in control too! The moderators here do an awesome job, too!

I for one am very thankful that there is a decent place to talk to others about our cars and the issues thereof. It's refreshing!

It seems like the ones who are not happy here are the ones that would wish to cause problems for everyone else?

Let's just meet here and talk about our cars guys! We can go elsewhere to talk crap, right?

Have a Great Day!

8)

blackstar, it's a little more complicated than that, some people spend lots of money on thse cars, and some people make money on these cars, to have the boards delete post keeping you from realitly is wrong in my opinion. I for one spend LOTS of money on mine, and make very little. There is not much support for these cars, and I'm thankful this board is here, but there is always room for improvment, some people are happy with things because there ignorant of the possiblities. To have a group of people I've never meet tell me how to spend my money, controlling the starquest world, in a dictatorship way, kind of gets me a little worried, I plan on keeping my cars for a long time, without the boards, it's almost impossible, but to have the boards, and not have your say in things around here is unjustified, wether your a moderator or not. I'm just waiting for someone to say something like "if you don't like it don't come here, or get out of these cars", because that's the way it becoming, there way or no way. I realises it's rydller board, and it is appresiated, but without guys like me, it would be just rydller and the moderators, and that would be no fun for anyone. Seems are opinions are not welcome here, after all isn't this the site "wish" list ??? I'm to tired to write anymore, I just woke up...I don't have any problems with anyone here, just fell I should be able to give an opinion, without looking like an bad guy.....guess not huh.

Please detail a few things for me.

- Exactly how is this a dictatorship?

- Exactly when/how does starquestclub.com tell anyone how to spend their money?

- Exactly how are opinions not valued around here?

- Exactly how are the moderators controlling the starquest world?

I see this as an excellent resource for all. There is tons of info available here and piling up day by day.

People want the moderators out, well I am in that group and I for one want to know why or how my actions or any of the other moderators actions have added to the opinion of Ryan, FNF or anyone else that has an opinion?

I have gave a hell of a lot of support to the community. I have been on Ryddlers boards for 6+ years now. I have moderated his boards for 4 years now. The other moderators have been here a long time and have given a lot of support to the boards also. Now we're the bad guys?

Hello Ryan!

I just wanted to take the opportunity to respond to your post to me.

I am quoting your post in italics as I go, so the issues don't get confused, K?

blackstar, it's a little more complicated than that, some people spend lots of money on thse cars, and some people make money on these cars, to have the boards delete post keeping you from realitly is wrong in my opinion. I for one spend LOTS of money on mine, and make very little.

I would like to say that I too spend ALOT of money on my cars, and enjoy the opportunity to make money once in awhile too! However, I do NOT come onto this board with the expectation that I can do or say whatever I please while trying to learn something about my car or while trying to sell something here.  I think we all need to have the rules set for us in here, to not only aid those of us trying to have a decent conversation about our cars, but to also protect us from those who would wish to say or do things which might be distasteful or hurtful to others. Those moderators have to make very tough decisions as to what they will or will not allow on the boards, and rightfully so! If everyone could say or do whatever they wanted on this board, it wouldn't survive for long, and then where would decent people that just wanted some info be?

There is not much support for these cars, and I'm thankful this board is here, but there is always room for improvment, some people are happy with things because there ignorant of the possiblities.

I agree that there is always room for improvement, but on the flipside, if everyone knew how hard it was to run one of these types of sites, they would be alot more forgiving, too! Ryddler has stated in many places that this is a site "under construction", and the suggestions in this forum are to help in that direction. I don't believe that they are ignorant of the possibilities, but just trying to make them work for all of us!

To have a group of people I've never meet tell me how to spend my money, controlling the starquest world, in a dictatorship way, kind of gets me a little worried, I plan on keeping my cars for a long time, without the boards, it's almost impossible, but to have the boards, and not have your say in things around here is unjustified, wether your a moderator or not.

I think this is going a bit too far.  Admittedly, I haven't been around for as many posts as you have been, but I have to say that there is nobody here telling you how you can spend your money or controlling anyone in a dictatorship kind of way. This  is only one Starion / Conquest board, out of a whole wide world out there. There are plenty of places to buy and sell Starion or Conquest parts, and I think that most people here could "take it or leave it", but choose to come here since it is a nice place to swap info and also to buy or sell your stuff!

I'm just waiting for someone to say something like "if you don't like it don't come here, or get out of these cars", because that's the way it becoming, there way or no way. I realises it's rydller board, and it is appresiated, but without guys like me, it would be just rydller and the moderators, and that would be no fun for anyone.

Why would someone saying something like that affect you? Of course, they would have the right to say that if they chose to, since they are the ones running it and paying for it, right? If they said that to me, I would have to seriously consider taking my business elsewhere, is all. It wouldn't make or break my ability to own a Starion or Conquest. I would just find another place to get my information or my parts if necessary. This board is not the "be all - end all" of Starions and Conquests.

Seems are opinions are not welcome here, after all isn't this the site "wish" list?

Yes, this is the "Site Wish List" forum, and if you wish for the ability to vote on who should be a moderator, this is the topic under that forum. At least that is what I understood coming into this topic. If you thought it was to vote on whether or not there should be moderators at all, I guess that could be another take on the topic? I for one don't believe that there could even be a board like this without the moderators!

I don't have any problems with anyone here, just fell I should be able to give an opinion, without looking like an bad guy.....guess not huh.

I think one of the things that this board has upheld are the freedoms we all have in being able to speak our opinion, as long as it is tasteful and not based in untruths or hurtful to others. I for one am not trying to attack anybody for their personal opinion, as I would expect that nobody would attack me for mine!

Thanks for replying to my post Ryan, and I hope that our differing opinions don't make you mad. I just have my opinions too, as do others here, right?

Have fun out here, and enjoy your cars!

:)

So far the only serious beef that I read, and granted I'm more or less an outsider, is that you may not like how SQC.com handles GPs. Maybe that's the process that needs a bit of fine tuning? What's wrong with the current system and what do you propose?

I like this board. In the month that I've been a member I've gotten to know a few people's personalities and learned A LOT about boosted cars. The Starquest crowd is the only crowd of car people that mod their cars for performance and don't have a big head about it. No offense intended here - Talked to an average Honda, Mustang, or Camaro tuner lately? There is something special happening on this board and  I think that without the existing moderators I would have never been able to learn what I have and enjoy it so much.

However, sometimes the mods seem a bitjz, but I've never had any trouble with any of them so far. I think of them as friendly police. If I don't speed rediculously I'm not going to get a ticket. I havn't seen them delete a thread (such as this one) just out of power hunger or pure angst for a member.

If you have something to say to someone that the moderators aren't going to approve of perhaps use of the private mail system is in order. I'm pretty sure that's what it's here for. The odds are good that if it's something that inappropriate the rest of the members probably don't want to read it anyhow.

I like democracy and all, but we don't elect judges to the supreme court. We trust our appointed leaders (Ryddler in this case, since it's his board and we are willingly here) to do that for us.

Ok, my $.02 have been added. I hope that didn't upset anyone.

mike k,

- Exactly how is this a dictatorship?

by acting like this is the only starquest board, there are a few people who choose trance, or tristarion over this one, I remeber, and I'm sure a few other do about the ISCOA, I liked the idea of having one board, with everyone together, but after trances board went down, and seeing how not everyone can agree on how things should be run, I think one board is a bad idea. I know there are links to other sites, but untill that thing on trances happend with those guys giving gabe a hard time, it seemed like other boards weren't welcome, only starquestclub.com was aceptable.

- Exactly when/how does starquestclub.com tell anyone how to spend their money?

Like I said this is not the only starquestboard, as of now now one has told me how to spend my money, but if starquestclub.com controlls gp's well then yes, there controlling how I spend my money, and how I purchase things.

- Exactly how are opinions not valued around here?

I gave my opinion around here a few times, I get the impression, there not welome by the responses, it seems like were not allowed to dissagree with the moderators around here, and it is frowned on.

- Exactly how are the moderators controlling the starquest world?

that one is simple, I read a thread earlier today, which might be gone by now, on the b.s. forum, this is one of many examples how how starquestclub.com tries to controll things. When post are deleted regarding, bad sales, bad people, bad products, they should not be deleted, by people posting that stuff, there trying to help others out, and not get ripped off too. Yes they might be stern, but those people have a right to be. I've got another example, there was a guy who posted something about KO, now the thread was not deleted, and people responded, and gave there opinions on KO. KO, is a good guy, he just got a bad wrap on something stupid, if you leave these post up people will respond, wether good, or bad, and the truth will come out. The moderators need to let the cream rise to the top, when things get stired around here, they get pored out, when they should let settle, and like I said, the cream will rise to the top.

Mike, I have been on rydller's site for 6 1/2 years too, I'm not a newbie. Although I have not been blessed with the "moderator title", so I guess I'm not as good a person as you.

"People want the moderators out"

I neved said that, and I never will, if someone double post, post in the wrong spot, or a newbie needs help, there should be moderators to help.

"Ryan, FNF"

I am not affialiated with f@f in anyway, these are OPINION'S of my own, I don't even know the guy.

I don't want any of the moderators to take offence, just to lighten up, like I said I have no probs with any of you, I've talked to some the moderators through e-mail, or through the chats, and all the one's I have talked to seem cool.

"I see this as an excellent resource for all. There is tons of info available here and piling up day by day".

couldn't agree with you more

My vote is for turboted....woot woot ;D

"I havn't seen them delete a thread (such as this one) just out of power hunger or pure angst for a member".

there are a few post missing from this thread, not sure if by member or by moderators, but you don't know when there gone, they go into "starquestclub.com hevan"

Perhaps... I had considered that.  Like I erased the one you quoted because when I went back to the index scotty's showed 8:07, not 7:07 like I was sure I'd seen.  I wonder if he could have tacked on a post to the first page?

Edde

nope, guess not.

btw, I'm not taking any issues with the mods here - I'm just a user... but am curious about the eventual disposition of the "bad business" post from the other day.

This whole thread is now missing a bunch of post, edde that's one of the problems around here, someone responds to a post of yours, and you go back only to find it's dissapered, It will get on your nerves quick after a while, when your reading a thread, and only getting on side of a story :-/.

Perhaps... I had considered that.  Like I erased the one you quoted because when I went back to the index scotty's showed 8:07, not 7:07 like I was sure I'd seen.  I wonder if he could have tacked on a post to the first page?

Edde

nope, guess not.

btw, I'm not taking any issues with the mods here - I'm just a user... but am curious about the eventual disposition of the "bad business" post from the other day.

That bad business post WILL be back up on the boards. It will be a rephrased account of the original post, OF COURSE by the original poster.

I have no idea about the missing posts. I know I did not erase any messages on this thread and there is no log to list deleted posts.

I don't think any other moderators deleteted anything?

Hello Ryan!

I just wanted to take the opportunity to respond to your post to me.

I am quoting your post in italics as I go, so the issues don't get confused, K?

blackstar, it's a little more complicated than that, some people spend lots of money on thse cars, and some people make money on these cars, to have the boards delete post keeping you from realitly is wrong in my opinion. I for one spend LOTS of money on mine, and make very little.

I would like to say that I too spend ALOT of money on my cars, and enjoy the opportunity to make money once in awhile too! However, I do NOT come onto this board with the expectation that I can do or say whatever I please while trying to learn something about my car or while trying to sell something here.  I think we all need to have the rules set for us in here, to not only aid those of us trying to have a decent conversation about our cars, but to also protect us from those who would wish to say or do things which might be distasteful or hurtful to others. Those moderators have to make very tough decisions as to what they will or will not allow on the boards, and rightfully so! If everyone could say or do whatever they wanted on this board, it wouldn't survive for long, and then where would decent people that just wanted some info be?

There is not much support for these cars, and I'm thankful this board is here, but there is always room for improvment, some people are happy with things because there ignorant of the possiblities.

I agree that there is always room for improvement, but on the flipside, if everyone knew how hard it was to run one of these types of sites, they would be alot more forgiving, too! Ryddler has stated in many places that this is a site "under construction", and the suggestions in this forum are to help in that direction. I don't believe that they are ignorant of the possibilities, but just trying to make them work for all of us!

To have a group of people I've never meet tell me how to spend my money, controlling the starquest world, in a dictatorship way, kind of gets me a little worried, I plan on keeping my cars for a long time, without the boards, it's almost impossible, but to have the boards, and not have your say in things around here is unjustified, wether your a moderator or not.

I think this is going a bit too far.  Admittedly, I haven't been around for as many posts as you have been, but I have to say that there is nobody here telling you how you can spend your money or controlling anyone in a dictatorship kind of way. This  is only one Starion / Conquest board, out of a whole wide world out there. There are plenty of places to buy and sell Starion or Conquest parts, and I think that most people here could "take it or leave it", but choose to come here since it is a nice place to swap info and also to buy or sell your stuff!

I'm just waiting for someone to say something like "if you don't like it don't come here, or get out of these cars", because that's the way it becoming, there way or no way. I realises it's rydller board, and it is appresiated, but without guys like me, it would be just rydller and the moderators, and that would be no fun for anyone.

Why would someone saying something like that affect you? Of course, they would have the right to say that if they chose to, since they are the ones running it and paying for it, right? If they said that to me, I would have to seriously consider taking my business elsewhere, is all. It wouldn't make or break my ability to own a Starion or Conquest. I would just find another place to get my information or my parts if necessary. This board is not the "be all - end all" of Starions and Conquests.

Seems are opinions are not welcome here, after all isn't this the site "wish" list?

Yes, this is the "Site Wish List" forum, and if you wish for the ability to vote on who should be a moderator, this is the topic under that forum. At least that is what I understood coming into this topic. If you thought it was to vote on whether or not there should be moderators at all, I guess that could be another take on the topic? I for one don't believe that there could even be a board like this without the moderators!

I don't have any problems with anyone here, just fell I should be able to give an opinion, without looking like an bad guy.....guess not huh.

I think one of the things that this board has upheld are the freedoms we all have in being able to speak our opinion, as long as it is tasteful and not based in untruths or hurtful to others. I for one am not trying to attack anybody for their personal opinion, as I would expect that nobody would attack me for mine!

Thanks for replying to my post Ryan, and I hope that our differing opinions don't make you mad. I just have my opinions too, as do others here, right?

Have fun out here, and enjoy your cars!

:)

Can I get a condensed book version of this whole dialogue?>

Hehehee, whats up Scotty??  talk about boring, you read thru it, only to find the whole dang thing, again.  "go play with your dolls or something".   an if you find this directed at you, your probably right.  ( opion's) My opion,..   it might have been a good idea.  Atleast to be involved, in it.  But i always try to keep them busy deleting my stuff.   Dang  KO, hehehee                  (  1 minute till deletion........

Well, now that my entire response has been quoted in Scotty's reply, maybe I should go up and delete my first reply in this thread??

Geez!

No, if you do that my poor moderators will get blamed and never hear the end of it  ;)

I don't know. I think compared to most boards, this board runs pretty smoothly. I don't even know who all the moderators all are, as it doesn't just state it under their names like on most boards.

As far as posts and topics being deleted, well, that's what a moderator is here to do, keep the peace and keep people on topic. Most of you thinking that moderators should be 'rotated' out have probably not done any moderating. It's a lot of work, you've got to read everything posted to the boards, replies included. I live by the old standard, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Sure, you can tweak it a little, but for the most part I find this board runs really smoothly, all you have to do is follow the rules.....

I moderate on one board, and am an Administrator to another board. Luckily, I've been moderating a certain section of that one board now long enough to where people know the rules, and know that I don't take crap, but when one n00b acts up, and I have to crack down on him, you start getting topics like this posted throughout the site. No matter how well a site is ran, someone somewhere will have a problem with it, and start proposing to be made a moderator or to have all the mods removed from their positions. What needs to be realized, is that these Moderator's are 'donating' their free time to keep this board civil, and to tell you(in some cases) how to fix your car. They don't get paid for it, and hell they don't even hardly get thanked for it. Nope, they just take flack from everyone the instant a Moderator decides that a post doesn't belong where it was posted, or if a reply was too off topic and had to be deleted, or a whole topic was highly derrogatory and needed to be moved for discussion.......

My 2.6cents.

I say it's fine like it is,

Thanks Moderators.

"Funny how this is the guy's first post and he registered just 12 minutes AFTER this post was made. Kinda fast to have such a strong opinion of the site, no?

Cummon folks, you don't need to artificially boost your side of the story by logging in from multiple member accounts. Funny how the IP address for a couple of people who posted was from the same place... hmmm. State your point and with a good argument... and facts."

Well first off, I have gone through a lot of the post before I registered, and I have seen a lot of people complain on the b. s forum. I've been looking through the post for a while, so no, I don't think it's "kind of fast". From looking at your profile I see your a moderator. As a new person, I should get a better welcome than that, especially from a moderator. I was just stating an opinion from what I have seen around here. Is that so wrong? I guess I was right, this board is uptight. Thanks for the reply.