spray paint

conquestpa

• 2 months later...

CAUTION!!

If you're looking to fix a faded bumper, spoiler, or side mirrors, DO NOT get spray paint for them.  It will crack and fade quickly.  There is a component called a flex agent which needs to be added when mixing the paint.  My friend's family runs a body shop and nobody seems to be able to make paint cans with this in it. :-/

Hope that helps perhaps.

-Matt

wow, 3 months later and I finally get a respones. I have since painted the fender  I was working on with some crappy spray paint. It looks better then the yellow color it was, but now that I think about I should have just waited for a red fender...

I think they sell rubber primer that you can use to prep the front/side views and rear wing...

• 2 years later...

Try www.paintscratch.com  they have factory color chips for just about any car on the road and will match them.  You can get small touch-up bottles, raw paint for spraying, or spray (rattle) cans.  And they will include the "flex additive" for bumpers or spoilers if you click the appropriate check box on the order form.  They'll whip up flex-additive ready primer and clearcoat too.  Not the cheapest way to go by a long shot compared to generic DupliColor rattle cans at the auto stores but it's a much better match.  And it'll work on the bumpers/spoilers with the flex.  They mix during the week, ship UPS ground on Fridays generally so it takes about 2-3 weeks to get stuff.  I've been pleased with them though.  Once you confirm the order there's no cancelling it... but if they screw up the color they'll re-do it for free.  So far I haven't had to test that claim.

I recently repainted a sunbaked rear spoiler setup on a Conquest - it had faded to a purple/magenta color from red.  Now it's bright red again.  It matches the factory red in areas that haven't faded; it does show how much the rest of the car has faded though...

mike c.

i used krylon fusion on plastic motorcycle body work and its great.  It has a flex additive but you need to let it set for 7 days.  only problem is they dont have a great range of colors.  This is how the bike turned out.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maperez/FZR/Picture%20030.jpg

You can also use RC car paint for the lexan bodies. It wont crack and dries quickly, go to a hobbie shop, the colors actually are ok. I painted my friends red quest w/it ( the rear spoilers were faded) and three years later it still looks good.

yes randy, its a 90 fzr600.  $300, ive also got a 93 600 that is gonna be a donor.  this is what that one started out like. someone had it in their head that they wanted a neon green bike. oh and there was pencil marks all over the thing of their 'graphics' not to mention they painted over the stock paint, stickers and clearcoat.  I almost gave up getting that stuff off. but the bike was the wifes xmas present.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maperez/FZR/Picture%20027.jpg

i was really happy with the paint if you take the right time to prep everything and wait for the paint to set before you recoat

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maperez/FZR