2000 T/A  (F-Body)  Front Big Brakes

Q

HELLa BuMP!

I've been milling this in my head for quite some time.

How bout we have a machine shop fab these brackets up?  

We could do it like a GP for addapter brackets.    (hell i'd buy 2sets)

I would like to be move proactive and try to get the ball roll'n but I have 3 projects going on (Starion, Galant GSX/VR4, Talon TSi)  as well as my military life.

;) Its a good idea,  any one want to step up?

;D Ok, i lied "Lead the way SGT...  lead the way"

I'm going to talk to a buddy of mine thats into Hot Rods.   He used to work for a shop in Glendale Ca that did alot fab.  From what i've been told he (Shawn) is hella talented.

I'm heading up that way for a Baby shower,  so i'll hit him up about fabing up those brackets,  see if he'd be interested in puming out a few for some interested people.

I know theres a couple already working on this , any third party people that are non starquest are going to have $$ for eyeballs and try to make money off us and thats against the law. I say we do it in house and pass along the savings so all starquest will have kicka$$ brakes withought the middle man . (opinion)

I know theres a couple already working on this , any third party people that are non starquest are going to have $$ for eyeballs and try to make money off us and thats against the law. I say we do it in house and pass along the savings so all starquest will have kicka$$ brakes withought the middle man . (opinion)

True, however... we still need those other measurements...

I could probably whittle out some next semester towards the end of february.  I've got CNC II next semester and if the mill is free long enough I might can get a few sets out.  If someone has this bracket on autocad it'll be a cinch runnin it through procam and loadin it into gcode for the Bridgeport.  It depends on the professor as well.  I'd have to have it at least drawn up for him to look at and approve.

Kane

Guys sombody is in the process of getting these brackets made . I made the working prototype . The template I used is being modified (trimming off the fat) on a cad type

program so be patient...and yes I agree with Scotty.

Well all I was saying was that Q offered the whole she-bang to the community and never once came out looking for profit #'s from the folks on this site! I say its one of the kindest gestures a person can make .

Way to go George, becasue this may very well be all the thanks you get other than the satisfaction that you helped all of us with a much needed setup . Your the man!

Good call.  Anyone thing about talking to that place, http:/www.emachineshop.com and getting a quote from them on, say, 20 sets?  They do a quantity discount I betcha and since it's all outsourced, the price would be dirt cheap.  Q, check it out man.  See if your buddy can play with their downloadable CAD program and submit it for a free quote.  It's worth a shot.  I'd damn sure buy a set.

Laters,

Brian

Looked into it,

Looks like it might happen.   My buddy Carson  told me he'd ask Shawn whats up,  he said the desesign is pretty simple,  and hes sure Shawn could easly make them.

I'm  in no rush.  if we could do a group buy on a few sets of CNC'd piceces,  i would go in with you guys for sure.

so my plan is to bring the drawings and pics with me next month.  After I get off duty i'll see 1st hand what Shawn thinks.    

if any thing i would just get a set made for myself BUT,  sence Shawns got work comming in out of the shop all the time he may not have time to do more than just a hand full of brackets.

• 3 weeks later...
Making some aluminum brackets out of thicker material . This will eliminate the need for spacers between the bracket and the original mounting location . Doing this along with a tranny adaptor.....

Well I'm too sure of that. look at all of the after market companies using aluminum calipers,brackets. Plus there are many car parts made of aluminum trannies,upper and lower control arms , rack and pinoin,master cylinders,transfercases,etc.......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...