Anyone have this cage in their StarQuest?

It's bolt in,but you can weld it. There bars fit but the rear bars go on the side of the rear seats between the top and bottom side leather interior peice. If you have no rear interior you won't have problems fittting it. It does look nice with the interior fit around the rear bars though.

nah, haven't crashed yet :)

Art, I think he is refering too strenghtening the chassis... I'm sure it strengthens quite alot as adding any rigidity would. Strut tower braces help a lot too... There's quite a few members on here that sell them, infact 2 brothers on here offer very nice ones for realitively cheap...

i have noticed a reduction in flex when going over driveways and all but i already had strut tower bars front and back so the change will be less noticable.

with my suspension the rear tire stays up in the air when going over driveways. if i slow down too much, i have to wait for the LSD to catch up before i can go up the ramp.

our doors are extremely heavy duty. both at the top window frame and inside with a 1/8" thick steel plate. a little overkill.

track officials dont care. nor would i want to find out in a worst case scenario. i think like many here, in a crash i would be more worried about the poor car. but i dont take my car to any tracks with any wall anyway. its in case of a spinout and rollover.

• 3 weeks later...
Our chassi car has the door bar removed.  If done properly I don't think any official will be able to tell. Each bar weighs around 40 lbs.

damn. i would want to do that too and just replace it with a 4 lbs. pipe.