TEP SS Brake lines....

KO

Anyone have them? Happy with them? I started tearing into my front end tonight as I'm about to put in new calipers/pads/rotors/struts and saw that the stock brake lines are cracked in a few spots and basically just real dried out/weathered. I'm thinking about getting TEP's SS brake lines, not a bad price for $100 or so. Someone said something about them rubbing against metal and that you have to hold them secure with zip ties?

you can do that, also i was thinking about using grommets in the stock mounting tabs on the shock, that way the line doesnt rub against bare metal.  I didnt have mine secured in anyway, and didint have any problems.  Probably better to secure them though.  I like them and i think the quality is very good.  hey are u still making those lines?  i wanted to get the SS coolant lines that run to the turbo. later

taki

You could also get the Goodridge set.  I have them but have not had a chance to install them yet.  They look to be pretty top quality.  The Goodridge set has 8 lines in the set so it is just like the stock look.  I got them from summit racing.  They are about double TEP's price though.

Craig

I have the TEP SS Brake lines and I like them.  They were easy to install.  I had some rubber tubing with an instide diameter that was just a bit larger than the ss line.  I cut the hose in half and about 3 inches long.  Slid it around the ss line and taped it shut with black tape.  I then zip tied it to the original mount on the shock.  But i didnt tie it hard so that when i move the steering wheel it kinda slides through the tube.  I can snap some pics if you like.

BuGG

Thanks Bugg, sounds like a good idea ;)

As for the SS lines, I never did the brake lines and I stopped because I got out of school and have started my career as a Coach/Teacher, no time for lines anymore, plus I moved an hour away from the shop that did them.

i am near a shop that will convert like what you did!

they can do rubber or steel braided!

just about any hose you give them they can do!

i think they are expensive

example.

from the throttlebody to fuel filter, they wanted for that  hose steele braided is $70

• 5 months later...

dont get them from TEP. the fitting they use doesn't sit well inside the caliper and it leaks. it happend to mine.

inside the caliper, there is a tiny bronze gasket that makes a good seal and this fitting just doesnt sit too well on it and it gets crushed. the tighter you do it. the worse it gets. if you have it already installed, dont mess with it, it will leak. the seal is also not sold at the dealer, its part of the caliper.

as for it moving around. here is what you have to do, get some thick vacuum hose and cut it along its edge and pull it around the braided hose for cover. then cut the factory O brakcet and bend it so you can put the line thru it and then straighten it out again.

my suggestion. caugh up the money and get the goodridge, the are excellent quality. i will get a set for my next car.