circle earth type grounding

tux

i've noticed a new "revelation" in tuning

and it comes as a pack of wires for a mere 120-150$ from hks or like 30$ from radio      

now i hear this makes moderate performance increases

apparently all you do is run 8 or 10 gauge ground wires to all points on body where critical ecu sensors are located supposedly increasing response time

hehe anyone wanna bother with it and see if it's true?

i know they do on the EVO, WRX, STI, SRT-4, and i think hundahs

i have no idea if it really works to the extent that everyone claims

don't kid your self guys ground wires are just as important as good plugs on a car.  Especially a 16 year old car.  If you have good ground wires then chances are you won't notice much but if you're electircal system hasn't been gone over in the last few years chances are it could use attention.  I'm not saying go out and spend $120 for ground wires but it you check your connections and replace wire that is bad shape you might gain a few ponies.

I think it's "Import Tuner" that has done some power write ups on the grounding system from HyperGround.

They usually find a gain of around 2 to 5 hp.

On a Nissan 240SX I believe it was, they actually got about 10 hp out of installing the HyperGround kit.

There was a Honda that they installed them into and didn't notice any difference in power at all, showing that Honda put a real solid grounding circuit in the car.

Basically, with a poor ground, there is a lot of resistance and intereferance in the electrical system as a whole, sacrificing the effeciency of the components connected to the vehicles electric's.

Creating stronger grounds by wisely placing a few extra ground cables, can eliminate some interference and allow the independant systems to function more smoothly, hence doing their job better, which equates to helping your engine run better.

The HyperGround brand, uses some real nice cable's.

Almost 100% pure copper, with some fancy shielding too.

Probably justifies the $100 to $150 price tag when you consider what it would take in time and money to put those kinda' wires together yourself.

So, depending on the current condition of the ground circuit in your car, these kits either are or are not a gimmick.

For what they are intended to do, they are not a gimmick.

Hey guys I have thinking I might put together my own grounding system but I'm unsure of the good grounding points (other than frame to block of course) what other areas would you want to ground?

• 11 months later...

One think you could do is duplicate the factory grounding points.  If you look in the FSM it list all the ground points.  Check these out.. http://www.amgndsys.com/  

I plan on ordering a few from them. I used 2 on my Rx7 and the hesitation they are famous for went away. The strap seems to work better for some reason ..  

I JUST USED AMP WIRE TO GROUND OUT MY ENGINE . ALSO LOOKED IN THE MANUAL AND FOUND THE GROUND WIRE FOR THE MAS , AND ALL THE OTHER SENSORS . AND GROUNDED THEM OFF WITH EXTRA WIRE , THAT FELT LIKE IT MADE A BIGGER DIFFRENCE .

GROUNDING THE MAS FELT LIKE IT MADE THE MOST , BUT I'M SURE SINCE THE OTHER SENSORS WERE ALSO GROUNDED HELP OUT SOME .