Audoibahn Speakers

DRQuest

Want to find out if these are any good ,if anyone has used these or had any experience with this brand::) ;D

ABF24Q /4'' dash speakers ::)

ABF25Q/ 5.25'' door speakers ::)

ABF26Q / 6.5'' rear speakers ::)

ABP8 / 8''  dual sub bandpass box ::)

I'm going to replace all the factory speakers with those listed and I'm using Majestic amps at 120 watts for all 4 front channels and 150 watts for 2 rear channels and 500 watts in stereo for the sub box,  Kenwood head unit/ KDC-7000 and Pyramid surround sound EQ sound shaper.

Will be doing the install this weekend have the head unit and EQ already in just want some decent speakers for this setup, had this set-up in a truck and just took it out but didn't take the speakers they were all mounted separates and to large for the car all 8'' and 18'' subs. Any comments would be appreciated. ;D  :D

my friend has 2 10" audiobahn subs in an audiobahn bandpass box, with a 600 watt kenwood amp and they sound awesome, he lives about 2 blocks from me and i can hear him till he gets to his house if he has it cranked up.

-Jason

thanks for the reply ;), have all the speakers ordered and the sub ;D,had to go with the ABF23Q for the dash tho :'(. 4" would not fit at all so a 3.5" will be it on each side and have to go to a smaller amp for them so will try a 50 watt per channel amp from AUDIOBAHN with them and the door speakers and use my Majestic for the rear and the sub box :) ;D.install will have to wait because speakers will not be here till next week ! :'( :'(

• 2 weeks later...

It all depends on the size of the woofer, and the box. Actually it depends solely on what you think is SQ. To me, super low freq. are what i'm about.

My box for the 15 was 2.66 cubic feet tuned to 35Hz. The box is not big by any means.It's actually pretty small for a ported box. Point is, you can make ANY speaker sound good with the right box type/size and installation. Oh, and of course how much juice you plan on running through it.

John

It all depends on the size of the woofer, and the box. Actually it depends solely on what you think is SQ. To me, super low freq. are what i'm about.

My box for the 15 was 2.66 cubic feet tuned to 35Hz. The box is not big by any means.It's actually pretty small for a ported box. Point is, you can make ANY speaker sound good with the right box type/size and installation. Oh, and of course how much juice you plan on running through it.

John

so,so very true

Not sure on the midranges. I previously metered a 149.2 with a AudioBahn Aw1500, being powered by a MTX500D. That supplied a good constant 720 watts, clean watts too.

I blew the voice coils though...

John

I'm thinking about buying two of those AW1500's... do they hit hard??  What kind of box/size did you use??  Was that 149.2 with just one sub??

-Robert

Some unsolicited advice...

Audiobahn makes a decent product. But unless they've improved tenfold in the last decade, I would not use Majestic products in my car.

My experience with Majestic, when I used to install (and sell a little on the side), was of a noisy product that didn't put out nearly the wattage that's printed on the box.

For those that don't know, the power figures on many company's components give a max level of output. I can say I have a 500-watt amplifier, but that amp may only be able to put out 500 watts a 1kHz for .05 seconds. Still, it can put out 500 watts. Never mind the fact that its RMS production is probably 100 watts.

I just installed a pair of Boston Acoustics z6 Pro components in my doors. Granted, at $1,000 for the pair, they may be more than what you're looking for. Your Audiobahns should do fine. But I'd definitely step away from the Majestic amp and start looking in the direction of other systems.

More so than in just about any modification you do to your car, there is a direct relationship between money and performance in the stereo world. If you don't pay much, you aren't going to get much. For the beginning audiophile, I would suggest putting your biggest chunk of change first in the amp drive, then in the front stage, then the deck, then the sub, and then the accessories.

Jess

I'm thinking about buying two of those AW1500's... do they hit hard??  What kind of box/size did you use??  Was that 149.2 with just one sub??

-Robert

Any sub will hit hard given it's in the right box. As stated above, the 149.2 was with one AW1500. The box was 2.66 cubic feet tuned to 35Hz. I used two 3 inch PVC pipes for the ports. My birthsheet for the MTX500D said it produced 714 watts at 12.5 volts. My old Cavalier ran with a almost 15 volts. So, more volts more power.

The MTX I used is internally bridged. The AW1500 has dual 4 ohm voice coils. Thus, when you hook up the sub to the amp normally, you get 2 ohms.

If you want to run two of them, then I would say don't put more than 800 watts to them for music. Burping will be fine with those watts.

For me, I can make a single sub set-up sound way better than multiple subs. It's easier to work with.

The next set-up will be an unnamed 18 with 3500 clean constant watts. Can you say "BOOM?"

John