how to wire Digital Dash on 88tsi???

turbo26tsi

I know some people were in progress of trying to make this work, could you share what you did? The wiring is crazy and it is going to take alot of wiring. Or if anyone has a schematic of the technica digital dash that would help too.

thanks

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

You got a digital dash to work in your wide body Quest? Does everything on the digital dash work properly? Do you have pics or instructions on how you did it? How long did it take you to perform this task?

Joshua

;D HY RED! YEAP! I HAVE A FULL WORKING DIGITAL DASH ON MY WIDE BODY 87 QUEST! I MADE THE CUSTOM WIRING HARNESS IN COUPLE OF HOURS ! READING MY SCHEMATICS OF THE TECHNICA STARION  AND REWIRING TO MY QUEST! FEW PARTS ARE NEED! 1.DIGITAL DASH 2.FUEL SENDER UNIT FROM GAS TANK! 3. SPEED PULSE GENERATOR FROM TRANNY! THIS PART SENDS SIGNAL PULSES TO THE DIGITAL SPEEDOMETER TO READ MPH  ! 4. A LITTLE HARNESS THAT IS LOCATED BEHIND THE ECU OF AC CONTOLLER IS ALSO NEEDED TO MAKE WORK THE DIGITAL AC SECTION ON CLUSTER FOR THE AIR CONDTIONER !I MAKE THE CUSTOM HARNESS FOR COUPLE OF STAQUESTS AROUND HERE! I ALSO MAKE THEM!FOR A FAIR AMOUNT !ITS A PAIN IN THE BUT AND BACK BREAKER!MAKE THEM BUT IT LIKE DOING IT!I SOMETIMES TRADE MY JOB FOR THE HARNESS FOR PARTS OR RELATED STUFF! IM CURRENTLY DEVELOPING PICS ON THIS ! FOR YOU PEOPLE  TO SEE HOW IT LOOKS ON WIDE BODY QUESTS!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I would love to buy the "home shift wire harnes" you make to fit the digital in the 89.  I just bought an 89 and I would love to have the digital in there.  How accurate are the gauges?  Are they so bad that I should have a backup somewhere?  How aboute the turbo gauge.  Will it display up to 30psi?

Thanks

8)