magna questions

You can use a 2 bar map sensor, but as soon as you turn the boost up and around to 20psi you're going to need a 3 bar. So it's up to you and how much boost you plan on running...

That's a joke!

I will probably just go with the 2-bar for now cause 20+psi from a 20g on a stock shortblock equals 2.6 liters of death.

I need it to get me around until my other motor gets built. I figured I go ahead and see what 9 or 10 psi on a 20g w/MPI and stock bottom end does. What should it run?

That's a joke!

I will probably just go with the 2-bar for now cause 20+psi from a 20g on a stock shortblock equals 2.6 liters of death.

I need it to get me around until my other motor gets built. I figured I go ahead and see what 9 or 10 psi on a 20g w/MPI and stock bottom end does. What should it run?

You'd be surprised how much the bottom end can take with MPI. All you have to do is supply the fuel to keep it from grenading, and it looks like you are taking care of that right now with the MPI install...

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10016/engine%205.JPG

There's a photo of mine.... I had my intake modded by Chad and he put a provision on the drivers side for the throttle linkage hook-up....

Could you maybe explain what it looks like he did? I have been looking at how my TB is going on there and I cant see how I am going to get a cable to pull it the way it needs to.

Sorry about the picture being so big, but the cable on the firewall will rotate 180 degrees just put some effort into it.... He welded a mounting flange to the drivers side on the intake so it could be hooked up over there... The cable should reach there, as many others have it that way too and it works fine for them and me as well....

What about on the TB?

That is where I am unsure cause of the way the cable is supposed to attach. It just doesnt look the same as ours, as far as the way the cable attaches to the thing.

• 1 month later...

I got my manifold finished and all the linkage done. THANKS EVERYONE for answering my dumb and meticulous questions but I always like to be sure before I weld anything.

I think I might have messed up though cause I didnt turn the coolant neck flange quite enough and it looks like it might hit the IC pipe when a hose is installed. I was wondering if there is another neck off another car(I tried both styles) I could use that would turn more towards the front?

Another question,

I havent tapped any vacuum sources yet but I was just wondering if its possible to use the fitting on the firewall side of the intake(most put a 90 degree fitting in it and use it for the brake booster) to run not only the brake booster but use brass Ts and reducers to run other vacuum lines?

I also received my Fuso IC last week and am still waiting on my FIP controller so Im one step closer.

Cory