Attn: Magna Users

I think I read somewhere that the stock Magna fuel pressure regulator was enough.  If so, where can I find a new one, I'd hate to reuse one that sat in an Aussie j-yard for a long time.  

Would it just be better to get an aftermarket one..if so, do you just bypass the stock one or remove it altogether.  My last stupid question is this....for the fuel pressure gauge, is it ok to tap into the fuel return line(i.e. after f.p.r.) or is it better to have it in the inlet line.  I would guess that you want to know how much pressure is going into the engine.

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I need to know.  Thanks.

You can't use a magna regulator on the stock TBI. There not even similiar.

Maybe an MSD 2222 and a good (Walbro) fuel pump would be good for you.

Do not tap the return line for fuel pressure. Go between the fuel filter to tbi flex line or tap into the TB rail via the large allen plug.

My set up is similar to tainter's. I used the Bosch pressure regulator that came with the fuel rail and ran it in series with a Cartech pressure regulator. However, I think the one that comes on the fuel rail would probably be fine by itself. The exception would be if you are running small injectors for the amount of hp being created and need to get more fuel. If I recall, the Bosch holds the pressure at around 45psi.

As far as the fuel pressure gauge, there is a allen screw opposite the end of the fuel inlet on the fuel rail that can be used to connect a fuel pressure guage.

Dave

Edit: I must of been writing this the same time as Boosted_one. My response was under the assumption you are running a Magna intake. Or are you trying to use the Magna pressure regulator with the TBI?

I beleive he has Magna and is going to purchase a new regulator to use on that rail.... Honeslty, I don't see why you couldn't reuse the stock one. Just clean the rail real good with some laquor thinner or other cleaning agent besides something soapy and you should be good to go. Mine is working fine with a Walbro 255lph and 750cc injs....

Yes, I am using a magna.  If the stock one will work fine then I don't want to get a different one, but I wouldn't mind buying a new one.  Would I be able to get a new magna regulator anywhere?  I'm sure I could try Bosch.  Like Glenn, I'm running 750 inj with a Walbro pump.  As far as the FP gauge, I think I'll tap the rail like Dave said.  Wouldn't happen to know the thread size on that plug would you?  Thanks alot fellas.

You'll have to source that regulator straight from Aus. Bosch over here won't carry that product.... If you want an adjustable regulator tap the return line and put it in series with the stock one. Since it is after the stock regulator, whatever you set on the aftermarket one will be the pressure you get. I highly recommend a  gauge if you use an adjustable regulator....

OK my fault, you are using a Magna.

Magna regulator will work ALL DAY LONG. It will work as good as any aftermarket.

On aftermarket programable match your injectors to supply your fuel needs and not more pressure.

My junkyard regulator works perfect.

LOL, I didn't mean to put it that way, but you know what I mean.  

Must finish car before Mod.............

Oh I know what you meant. :)

It IS a junkyard regulator though!  ;D

The Magna regulator is a good high quality BOSCH regulator. It has a vac/boost signal to operate as a standard OEM rising rate regulator.

I get a 35 psi baseline and around 12 psi I hit maybe 46 psi. I do not exceed  48 PSI ever. If I need more fuel I program more fuel. No need to raise the fuel pressure beyond a point that the fuel atomizes well and the injectors have enough pressure behind them.