Haltech + TBI?

Long term I will be going MPI.  Short term I want to install a wideband o2 with data logging, which is $500 and would be redundant once going with an ECU like haltech. So, now I'm just thinking about installing the haltech or other ECU that offers wideband + datalogging to drive my stock TBI system.  Thoughts? Anyone done this?

Long term I will be going MPI.  Short term I want to install a wideband o2 with data logging, which is $500 and would be redundant once going with an ECU like haltech. So, now I'm just thinking about installing the haltech or other ECU that offers wideband + datalogging to drive my stock TBI system.  Thoughts? Anyone done this?

you could go with the megasquirt system. you can set up a diy wideband and the programs for it now have datalogging capabilities. plus it will work with tbi

Yes, the Haltech will do TBI.

The haltech DOES have wideband inputs, but you STILL have to buy a control box/wb02. You CANNOT hook a wb02 to almost any aftermarket ECU directly. It requires a box which calibrates and keeps the sensor at a specific temperature.

You can get an Innovative, or a PLX for ~$350. I use an innovative on my car, but have used a PLX on another one. Both are good units.

Joel

• 1 month later...

I had the same exact plan due to financial constraints.  First install the E6K and run the two injectors then MPI later when more money grows from the tree.  I successfully installed the E6K (thanks to people like Joel) and now tuning it.

Joel - I don't remember my manual talking about needing a control box.  The E6K harness directly connects onto the 02 sensor (1 wire).  Did I miss something?  Let me know.

Renton Eh, maybe I can come down and check it out!?  ;D

The control box he's talking about is for a wideband O2.  I was under the apparent false impression that the high end ECU's could talk directly with ideband sensors, which apparently they can as input only but a control box is still needed.