hawk and inj resistors

ok what your talking about is on the ecu side

what i'm talking about is the power  feed to the inj's not the  driver side,,

every inj system i have ever  work'd on has had  resistors on the power  feed side of their inj's  even our tbi had  resistors on  them,, but i have not heard of a single person mention any thing about useing them on  their MPI set up's

sure they will work with out them  but your takeing a chance of   burning out the ecu drivers if an inj was to short  and they  lessen the  curent that the inj  will see so as to not  burn  them out

The drivers in most aftermarket ECUs will handle either type of injector, although you need to avoid mixing them (open/close times, etc can cause odd AFR results between cylinders). You don't need resistor packs or anything to run either type of injector type (Saturdation or Peak-and-hold).

Joel

I think that Mike means low impedence.  It's hard to find high imp. injectors over 550cc.  Low impedence injectors without the resistors will (may) pull too much current through the SDS driver and blow it.  I don't plan to test it, I'll take their word.

I would think that it makes no difference if you wire them on the ground side (between ECU and injectors) or the hot side.  I'm no EE, but something tells me the result is exactly the same.  I just plan to use the instructions, which I don't have handy.

Yup, wired battery-resistor-injector-ECU-ground works, as will

battery-injector-resistor-ECU-ground.  However, doing it the first way is slightly safer...  if a wire gets pinched to ground (the one after the injector going to the resistor or ECU) then the injector sees UNLIMITED current...  it'll go wide open spraying fuel AND it'll overheat.  Depending on how the injector dies as it overheats, it's possible it could spark, burn, or do something that could ignite the fuel.  

By having the resistor between the battery and injector, there's no way to over-current the injector.

mike c.

I think that Mike means low impedence.  It's hard to find high imp. injectors over 550cc.  Low impedence injectors without the resistors will (may) pull too much current through the SDS driver and blow it.  I don't plan to test it, I'll take their word.

I would think that it makes no difference if you wire them on the ground side (between ECU and injectors) or the hot side.  I'm no EE, but something tells me the result is exactly the same.  I just plan to use the instructions, which I don't have handy.

Ya I got those flip flopped... the larger injectors are low impedence....thanks for clearing that up.  :)