Got it running, kinda

After using up most if not all my vac. time last year making trips to NC to work on my car, I got it running two weeks ago.  I can start it up, it idles really rough when it's cold.  It revs up, but if I try to rev it really hard, it will couch choke and back-fire.  If I drive it, it can't drive that well in first, it will however take off in second.  And it's running so rich, you can probably light the exhaust with a match.  I have no clue how to tune it to where it's drively, so I gotta make a trip to my people a BMEP tuning in NC.

you should try shooting an email to Bill_TSG  He may charge but its worth the money. He is an expert with certification on several engine managment systems.  If you're going to pay BMPE why not pay Bill. This way he can teach you to fix your porblem.  

you should try shooting an email to Bill_TSG  He may charge but its worth the money. He is an expert with certification on several engine managment systems.  If you're going to pay BMPE why not pay Bill. This way he can teach you to fix your porblem.  

I don't have any tuning equipment, so I couldn't give him any feedback on how the car is reacting to any changes.  If I had the car up here in CT with me, Bill would have been seen it by now.  But the car is in NC.  And my people at BMEP helped me get it installed.

BMEP, as far as I recall, is a 1 man place (Brian). Smart dude, knows what he's doing. Only thing with him is he's very blunt and rough around the edges at times.

I would be real interested to see how your car comes out with him doing the tuning.

Joel

Dam Joel, you get around.  It is pretty a one-man operation, Brian Kenndy.  I'm trying to setup a date to meet him in Charlotte before I take the car to him to put it on the dyno.  He says, we need to do some "on the road" tuning before we put it on the rollors.

Yeah, I'm not so sure he cares for me, due to a difference of opinion. He's a top notch guy as far as knowledge with tuning amongst other things. I would love to sit down with the guy and talk some year.

I've had one phone conversation, in which we talked about high end ignitions for more money than I can afford. I know he's right on the money, but my wife would have me shot if I told her I dumped 2k on a ignition for my car. We'd have to go hungry for a month or two, hehe.

...Sometimes you take short cuts to get somewhere cheaper. I know in the end it'll cost all the same, but I gotta have fun in the meantime.

Joel