Haltech E6X

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I found out the scoop on the new E6X.  It funictions pretty much the same as the E6K, excpet it accepcts more triggers.  However, it's not a direct replacement for the E6K.  The X has the same harness as the E11.  The reason for the X, is the injector driver used in the K is no longer avaliable.  Therefore, some where in the furture, if the injector driver goes out in your K, you will have to replace the whole system  :'(.  Not to be alarmed, unless you do something incredible stupid, that's not going to happen.  The K is built to last forever.

• 4 weeks later...

I was very dissappointed when I saw that the E6X is still running in DOS Operating System.  I don't know what Haltech is thinking at this point to do such release.  I was hoping that this will be in WINDOWS98 platform since the expensive E11 is in WINDOWS.

I bought the E6K 6months prior to the release of E11 with the expectation that it can use the E11 Halwin software, but apparently Halwin was not backward compatible.  Why would they do this?  Everything should be backward compatible.

At any rate, I am still happy with the E6K.  The install can be easy, but it depends on what features you are planning to use.  So far the most difficult part of the install was the trigger, but once you figure it out, it is all worth while.

Final words for Haltech, make the E6X and E6K a windows software with at least 3 different SKINS, and the world will use your equipment.  Can you imagine running your software with a choice of SKIN.  Holy mother of ECU this is the way to go.

Enertia - Jdevera

• 4 weeks later...

I have been doing Haltech since 1992 with the F7  I have only seen 1 failure of a haltech box and it was caused by the owner who allowed a heater core leak in the car to get it wet.  Haltech replaced teh board and some other stuff and only charged me $165.00 in 1995 when the F9 cost $600.00 for just the ECU.  Neil the box in my car/ your car now :( :) was bought and installed in 1996 I think 97 at the latest.

Bill