Mapping with Haltech

Tampa, FL.  Local Starion owner is looking for help mapping with a Haltech. Does anybody have maps that could be downloaded?  Running Garret 20G ball bearing with TDO6 external wastegate, forged pistons, 3" exhaust etc, etc.  Have manual, but first time working with a Haltech. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Bill I'm not sure how close your setup is to mine, but i', pretty sure i have the disck with my old maps for my 20g-td05, ran awesome....tuned to perfection by Bill_TSG.

Send me an email, i'll hunt the disk down tomorrow.

-Neil

Hi Bil

I too have a Haltech in my car.  I am currently installing it as I send this post so I am very much interested on how you installed the ECU.  I have an E6k setup.  I don't think we will have exact fuel maps due to the turbo, but I believe we can use the same ignition map and so on.  

So far these following are the mods that I have.

Haltech E6k

-MSD 2 bar map

Hyperfire VIA ignition

-Using stock distributor for trigger

-8mm plug wire

-super stock ignition coil

OVCP w/ TurboXS type H

- modified to recieve the airtemp sensor

I intend to keep the stock intake until I can afford to buy MPI and all parts required to make the change.  That's why I picked E6k because it will allow me to use the stock staged injection until I am ready for MPI.

Keep me posted.

Thanks,

Jerry aka Enertia

jerry.devera@comcast.net

Tampa, FL.  Local Starion owner is looking for help mapping with a Haltech. Does anybody have maps that could be downloaded?  Running Garret 20G ball bearing with TDO6 external wastegate, forged pistons, 3" exhaust etc, etc.  Have manual, but first time working with a Haltech. Any and all help would be appreciated.

I have a very simular setup.  I'm sure we don't have the same intake, and I don't have a ball bearing turbo.  But the rest is probably the same.

If there is any maps sharing, please include me in the loop.  I'll give all the help I can.

Take it EZ

I didn't get any yet, but maybe we can establish a library of maps for future use. I'd be happy to burn them to CD and store them if there isn't enough storage space to spare on SQC.  I'd really love to see things like that catalogged and stored for the members of SQC. It would make this great board even better.

Hi Bil

I too have a Haltech in my car.  I am currently installing it as I send this post so I am very much interested on how you installed the ECU.  I have an E6k setup.  I don't think we will have exact fuel maps due to the turbo, but I believe we can use the same ignition map and so on.  

So far these following are the mods that I have.

Haltech E6k

-MSD 2 bar map

Hyperfire IV ignition

-Using stock distributor for trigger

-8mm plug wire

-super stock ignition coil

OVCP w/ TurboXS type H

- modified to recieve the airtemp sensor

I intend to keep the stock intake until I can afford to buy MPI and all parts required to make the change.  That's why I picked E6k because it will allow me to use the stock staged injection until I am ready for MPI.

Keep me posted.

Thanks,

Jerry aka Enertia

jerry.devera@comcast.net

Why only a 2-bar map?

MAP Sensor, 2-Bar,

for turbo applications up to 20 lbs of boost

PN 2312

Compact Model, PN 23121

My deciding factor is mainly cost.  At the moment, I have a stock turbo so I'll be lucky if I even reach 13psi.  My goal is to upgrade to 16g which will probably give me 21psi.  I'll probably cut this down to 16-17psi with boost controll/waste gate since my engine is totally stock.  I don't want to fry my valves, pistons etc. yet until I have the money to do a total rebuild.

Of course, my reasons above are also good excuse to not spend ~$60 on a 3-bar map.

• 4 years later...

I've had my car (1987 conquest tsi) put together for over a year and neither I or my mechanic can get the Haltech working right. It runs and thus far builds about 380whp but we're stuck at 5500 rpm. The injector 42# is 100% duty cycle. I do have a 19# injector that we were trying to get running in a staged setup however have failed miserably.

Here is my setup:

50# fuel pressure, very strong aftermarket fuel pump

19# injector, would like to use as primary

42# injector, should be used as secondary

all forged internals, JE pistons, Pouter Rods and stock forged crank

the head was flowed and has 190 on intake and 160 on exhaust

Stanless valves

total seal piston rings

haltech e11v2

4 coil setup

t3/t4 ceramic BB oil/water turbo

aftermarket aftercooler

large tboday (40mm i believe)

haltech wideband 02 sensor and meter

3 bar map sensor

cam sensor

I believe that is all the important goodies.

My question is do you have a map that will be helpful? perhaps you are familiar enough with the setup to create something that will be helpful. My mechanic is used to working on AEM EMS and is very familiar with the settings of Haltech but isn't able to get the setup right on this one for some reason. We're basically having issues with the fuel. He took off the 19# injectors and is able to get the 42# working at max capabilities however we're only able to get it up to 5500 rpm until were at 100% duty cycle. We'd have more fuel if we could get the staged injection working right. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for all your help.