general questions

Hey been i while since i posted :/

haven't had any money and all depressed w/ the wrx being uglified by a dump truck and their insurance farging me out of money so now i gotta sue.. but w/e onto my question to go in my brain vault til i got money

As far as when i setup my mpi

i got my manifold from aus unmodified for 100$ shipped or maybe 120$ i forget

now i wanna use a ford 50mm tb from a 91 mustang (can it be bored to 75mm?)

i also am gonna be using 50lb injectors from this mustang (is that enough for a 20g1a turbo? or must i waste gas and get bigger injectors)

i'm gonna be running ss lines for fuel from tank... now when i do this, i go to the fpr... can i use stock aus fpr?  or must i put in a different fpr? put a bcfpr / rrfpr inline w/ the stock aus or what?  

also i'm gonna have piping made for intake..

if chad reads where do you have your krankvent venting to? mine was just to atmosphere

i'm gonna try and machine the manifold myself at the NJIT machine shop.. how hard might this be w/ help from students/instructor  i have to relocate thermostat housing... and the plenum intake.. what else?

thanks alot thats all i really can remember for now

peace

let me see if i can do this in order.  That tb is small, are you sure they are 50mm.  i would go with a taurus sho tb they are 65mm or 70mm stock and can be bored out to 75mm.  i cant see how you could bore 50mm to 75mm.  50lb injectors translate to about 520cc very roughly. thats a lot of fuel but probobly a good idea if you are going to mpi and plan on running lots o power.  just calculate your stock sizes and figure in how much more air you are going to flow.  the stock fpr is bolted to the injector houseing, i dont see any way you could use this.  you would need one to go on your fuel rail or inline somewhere after the fuel rail.    i dont know about your manifold but if you study the stock manifld you will see exactly what all you need, as you can see there are a few fittings towards the fire wall as well as coolant temp sensors and thermo valve if you still have your exhaust gas recirulator. if you dont have that or any of your egr stuff you probobly dont need the thermovalve anymore. and the coolant temp sensor willdepend on what kind of standalone you use, im not sure of others but mine will use one sensor, but i need to keep the stock one for the temp gauge in dash as im sure you will have to do the same.  there are a lot of loose end but i think if you study what you have and what your going to you should see the differences.

have fun

ok thanks... but still was wondering about the fpr can i use the stock aussie one? or do i have to use a rrfpr or a bcfpr or one of them in combination w/ the stock aussie?

thanks

You can get a BBK or other type of aftermarket T-Body off ebay for about $100. EIP manifold comes with the stock mustang 65 mm t-body.  I will be  using the BBK 89-94 75mm mustang t-body I got off ebay for $150. Since your doing the work, you can machine it toaccept any thing you want. The FPR depends on what type of engine mangement you will be using to run this.