FuelInjectionPro TB-PRO2 - Closed

hackerace

Here are the people that have expressed interest in the TB-PRO2 group purchase as of February 8,2005:

1 - Slydogg

2 - substock

3 - joec88

4 - JustPaus_88TSi

5 - BaltTSI

6 - charlie31603

7 - silverstar - Added on 01/21/05  

8 - MaddMaxx87 - Added on 01/22/05

9 - 2ndQuest - Added 01/31/05

This makes nine so we are currently in the 5% discount range. If we can just find one more people it will knock off another 5%.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have anyone with a working system yet?  Thanks man.

Take Care & Keep 'em Spooled!

Frank

There's a guy I met at the gainsville meet that had this system a 18g and alcahol and water injection that was pulling 13.4 quter mile passes allday long with no problems. And then turned around and drove it 2.5 hours back home. I also have a friend that has this system on his mighty max truck. He says it's the best it ever ran. I hope that helps you alittle on your decision for the coveted tenth spot! ;) ;D Adam :-)

Thanks Adam.  That does help.  I thought Shelby was the only one that did a Starion convertion on his truck.  :o  Is your freind on this site?  Does anyone know who the guy running 13's is? That is good news.  Post or PM me.  Thanks again. C'yaz

Take Care & Keep 'em Spooled!

Frank

Actualy I have two friends that did the swap. Only one still has it though. His on the site, but I don't think he visits much anymore. But the guy that was running 13's is ryan(I don't rember his user name). He's on here somtimes I guess. But I live about 30 minutes for fuelinjectionpro and have seen the cars that have this system and the parts. This stuff is sweet! And what's really cool is that if you buy this system and want to upgrade to mpi later on, you get to use the same computer, just but the mpi manifold and injects and stuff! that's what I plan on doing with it. It saves you from having to buy stuff twice. But if you are going to use the tbi still. I think this is the best upgrade there is. Because you can tune the fuel with a laptop or one of there controllers to tune the new bigger injectors that come with this kit. I know no other sytem for the tbi that lets you do that. all the other things I see is just bigger injectors. But then you have to figure out how to tune it with the mas or some other way. Anyways if you have any other questions just let me know. Adam :-)

I can prob get in if it gets to 14 people....I'll be the 15th, to get the best discount.  

It was mentioned about upgrading from this to mpi later, if I get this system now, what will I need and what will it cost to go to MPI later, assuming I stick FIP products?  That will prob be a big factor in my decision here.

I can prob get in if it gets to 14 people....I'll be the 15th, to get the best discount.  

It was mentioned about upgrading from this to mpi later, if I get this system now, what will I need and what will it cost to go to MPI later, assuming I stick FIP products?  That will prob be a big factor in my decision here.

You're going to have to talk to feulinjectionpro about that one because I'm not sure. I know I don't have to buy another computer though. Adam :-)

Well It looks like if we don't get anymore people that I will have to drop out of this group buy. I really thought more people were going to do this. Sorry guys, I just don't fell like streching myself (money wize) to just save 5%. But you still have enough for 5% off without me. Adam :-)

Here are the people that have expressed interest in the TB-PRO2 group purchase as of February 21, 2005:

1 - Slydogg

2 - substock

3 - joec88

4 - JustPaus_88TSi

5 - BaltTSI

6 - charlie31603

7 - MaddMaxx87 - Added on 01/22/05

8 - 2ndQuest - Added 01/31/05

It seems as if we are going backwards. This makes eight so we are currently in the 5% discount range. If we can just find two more people it will knock off another 5%.

I need to close this GP out pretty soon. March is almost here. It is possible that a couple of people will join the GP but if not how many people will still be interested?

im down for whatever but man i want to see 10%.    Also how does this work. My car being modded and running a s16g and sneider cam and what not. Does FIP need to know all of this or is the fuel tuning the same no matter what?   just wondering.  Also where is FIP located. I believe FL, but where in FL?

i'm still hanging in there. But I will have to see how much money I have got to spend on it since it looks like were going to get only 5% off. I worked a little bit more this week so I sould still be in for one. But I'm not gping to make any in stone promisies. Adam :-)

im down for whatever but man i want to see 10%.    Also how does this work. My car being modded and running a s16g and sneider cam and what not. Does FIP need to know all of this or is the fuel tuning the same no matter what?   just wondering.  Also where is FIP located. I believe FL, but where in FL?

Yes, you will want to tell FIP about your setup. Do you have a laptop computer? If so you can do the final tweaking yourself pretty easily.

I'm not sure where in FL FIP is located but you can email them at  TURBO_BOOSTED@HOTMAIL.COM

Ok....i do have a laptop but not sure how much I trust myself yet...we will see once i get it going. I will be moving to Florida this summer/fall and wanted to see just how far away they were. According to mapquest it will be under 2 hours....so thats great!!! thanks!

Ok....i do have a laptop but not sure how much I trust myself yet...we will see once i get it going. I will be moving to Florida this summer/fall and wanted to see just how far away they were. According to mapquest it will be under 2 hours....so thats great!!! thanks!

The tuning is pretty easy. You will want ot have a passenger do it, or have someone else drive the car while you tune.  One way to perform the task is to do a global adjustment using the "required fuel" paramater to make sure that you are running sufficiently rich. Than you can fine tune your "fuel bins" which are comprised of a cross section of RPM and MAP sensor readings. There is also an acceleration enrichment and cold start enrichment.

FIP has been working with the StarQuest fuel maps for sometime and I would really be surprised if everything did not work perfectly right out of the box!

• 2 weeks later...