Wiseco Forged Pistons GP w rings

scotty

http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...0848543;start=0

I had been guaging interest in this other thread, it contains all the needed info to contact the fellow doing the buy

we are joining in with the Galant vr4.org guys to get the 10 we need not sure how long we will have after the 10 names are made before the GP will be closed.

Be sure and mention to Mitch if you contact him that you are running the G54B 2.6 L Mitsu eng

as the galant club is also in on this w the 2.0 4G63 we dont need to confuse them when the final deal is made

please read the other thread as this is going down real soon .....

Thanks Scotty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
What's up ProfessorQuest with those rings? Is the piston basically for street or racing? What's the best ring for those pistons?

Im not the Professor, but I think its the piston itself!!!! Looks like one of those Summit stock compression pistons.

CALIBER 308

We replace RACE pistons pretty often. True, skinny rings have less drag. But RACE pistons don't expect to do what STREET pistons HAVE to do. Mile after mile......year after year. You crank up the BOOST.........and run a skinny ring? Hmmmmmm? Those are the same pistons Summit sells. Mine and Richie's pistons use the wider rings....same as the factory rings that lasted 100k+ miles. We also build more compression than these. But this is a good piston for a HIGH BOOST RACE ENGINE. Sure you can run it on the street. This piston maybe forged.........but it's  1/3 SHORTER as well. It's not nearly as stable as a cast.

Hello there, I haven't been on this forum yet.  I don't often get around, but one of our distributors asked me to visit.  I read through the emails above.  Please feel free to call us at 800 321 1364 (ask for automotive) for any technical questions you may have.  As for the questions regarding pistons and rings.  They are built for high boost racing, but we've added features to make them more streetable than other forged pistons.  Wiseco stocking pistons feature offset pin like the o.e.  Yes, the dish is pretty large on this piston.  We used the volume from the o.e. piston.  We can make dish volumes to your specifications on a custom basis if you prefer.  The coating is considered a break-in coating to get the piston and the cylinder aquainted with each other.  Some of it will dissapate in the the first 1000 miles by design.  The XX rings (made by NPR of Japan for which Wiseco is the U.S. distributor) are the best available.  No exaggeration here.  We sell them to a couple ring companies and most of the other aftermarket piston manufacturers as well.  They feature a nitrided top, napier 2nd, and nitrided rails on the oil ring.  They are used in many 280hp PER CYLINDER applications (the aem papadakis car for instance) and high mileage street cars as well.  Don't worry about them being too thin.  NPR is a o.e. ring manufacturer for most of the Japanese car companies.  Modern engines come with 1mm, 1.2mm, and 2.8mm rings (if not thinner).  As for the piston itself, it is the only one on the market specifically designed with a dedicated forging for the g54b.  We are the only U.S. aftermarket piston company with an in-house forging facility.  These are all built from 2618 alloy.  The lands are thick and the crown if pretty thick as well.  Because the forging is dedicated, weights are in the 390 gram range (depending on the oversize) for reduced stress on the block and remainder of the rotating assembly.  We've had good feedback from the customers that have run them.  Thanks, Brian Nutter-Wiseco piston Co.