Magna MPI GP, 20+ buyers,  20 Aug cut off

chiplee

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I had looked here first. I paid with paypal on the 1st of july but can't get any communication going from Glen. I heard they were slow but we're talking almost 3 weeks to get an email. I will cancel my payment and join this group. Maybe you can do what I can't do. My engine is almost built and I am getting anxious to get the intake. I have already purchased the t/b and 4 720cc injectors. Count me in!

Tad

Okay, I take everything I ever said about Glen back. I received my intake today so I guess that means I'm out. Of course it also means it's time to quite dreaming and get to work. Good Luck everybody, it's been fun...

Tad

It took a while for Glen to get back to me but that's A-OK in this situation.

We're purchasing an EXTREMELY specialized product here. I would expect everyone to come in with some patience. The point is....he DID get back to me.

3 weeks is definately reasonable, We're purchasing from an individual who, most likely, has a life and was probably tied up.

Now, if I went to Wal-Mart and it took them 3 weeks to get me my damned Snack Packs, I'd be pissed. :)

I'm getting pumped...

Anyone else put their $ down or planning on doing so before the 1st?

J

I added the new distributor price to the first post.  

other answers to various questions are as follows:

the TB flanges are waterjet cut 20 at a time and that costs a pretty penny.  so doing one for a specific TB you'd like to use will be too expensive.  They come cut and drilled for either US or AU ford TBs, which are not the same.   "Old" US ford TBs and most AU ford TBs are the same, however newer ford TBs in the US have a different bolt pattern and some are even rectangular.  So if you're buying a manifold modified for use with a US ford TB, you may want to get the manifold before you get the TB if it's not too late.  If you have the TB already, I suggest you send glen a gasket for it, or a scanned 100% size image of it for possible matching before he ships your manifold.

also for those in no hurry (like 1 to 3 months) there will be an overland/water shipping option that is much cheaper.  Not sure how much cheaper yet.

replacement distributor caps and rotors are an off the shelf item in AU for about $15au.  Plans are in the works to stock someone in the US with a heap of replacements of this sort.  I'm also researching online parts warehouses and part numbers so we can order from home by ourselves when we need such parts.

on to another issue.  There has been one instance of sealing trouble in the oil block off plate area...   For most it will be obvious what action is required when you see the actual manifold and begin to study fitment onto the cylinder head.  The US arrangement has a block off plate, the AU does not.  So the AU intake manifold gasket would seal the area formerly sealed by the block off plate.  If you have a US gasket, you'll need to cut a gasket to fill that area.  I used an old intake manifold gasket (to be sure it was the right thickness) and just found a place on the gasket shaped similarly enough to work, and cut it out.  After a little careful trimming and fitting I installed it with no issues.    The same individual had trouble making the "water jacket" seal.  I don't know what the water jacket is, so I'll assume it's the thermostat housing area.  Also upon initial inspection during my installation I noticed a potential need for an extra gasket in this area.  That's what I used and it sealed, however, Glen has informed me that the construction of that area has been re-worked since my manifold was made, and should have no sealing issue with one gasket now.  so he is investigating the potential problem to ensure there is not a flaw in craftsmanship.

I just used some thick cork material and hight temp RTV to make that gasket for the block off plate.

I never had any leaks out of the cooling areas. Never had one problem with the intake itself. The used Ford TPS even worked.

Glenn sure isn't getting rich off these. There is a lot of time into the intakes and it shows.

If you don't have a paypal account it's up to you to work out the payment via phone or mail

glen's contact info:

6 Conos Crt Donvale

Vic, 3111 , Australia

Ph 61 3 9872 3838 Fax 61 3 9872 5363

Hmm, I thought that this was pretty clear in the #1 post, but maybe if it's isolated like this, it will be more clear.

If you do have  a paypal account, or want to set one up for this then send payment to mpintake@ihug.com.au for approximately 50% of the total for your choice with shipping...

...you can send paypal payment to mpintake@ihug.com.au for approximately 50% of the total for your choice and expect the payoff to be about $150au more tacked on to the remainder for shipping...

Was our down payment supposed to include shipping or not?   I made my downpayment of $250 for option #3 via paypal today.   I may be interested in the land/sea shipping option as it will be at least 2-3 months before I am ready for the intake.

Thanks,

Ken Blalock

Hi chip,

I have to drop my name off of the GP list this time :'(. We are buying a house, so all financial sources are going towards it.

I'll do the mpi conversion in the future.

Thank you for your efforts.

G54B

YES I AM TICKED.  I don't know what I'm going to do...  I am trying to get this cash.  I was going to put my DP down and I got hit with a 95 dollar cell phone bill (Me and gf split though), but that came at a bad time.  I have about $150 after that.  I gotta talk to g-mama or something to see if I can get spotted some dough...  I cannot miss this.  I just need one more week...   I am still getting in though

YES I AM TICKED.  I don't know what I'm going to do...  I am trying to get this cash.  I was going to put my DP down and I got hit with a 95 dollar cell phone bill (Me and gf split though), but that came at a bad time.  I have about $150 after that.  I gotta talk to g-mama or something to see if I can get spotted some dough...  I cannot miss this.  I just need one more week...   I am still getting in though

for some reason I never took you off when you asked me to so I guess it's just in the stars for you to buy this go-around.  work somethin' out man I know you can do it.

ok gents I just fired off emails and PMs to about 20 guys who said they were in.  By my count there are about 10 who said they were in 100% but haven't made the deposit.  That's fine, I know things come up, and I know there are a couple days left but I need everyone to advertise.  I posted in the BS forum, and you guys can talk about it in chat or on whatever IM you use to try to drum up buyers.  It's not unreasonable to secure your spot with a $200 down payment or so and then take a month to come up with the rest so it's a pretty painless buy.  

Don't forget the supply of manifolds will dry up eventually.  Glen is already having trouble finding the AU 65mm TBs.  When he can no longer snag manifolds in salvage yards for $100au, there will no longer be a $400ish MPI manifold option for us, as the new price for that manifold unmodified is sure to be over $400 itself.  Be one of the lucky few who got in while the gettin' was good.  

Ok, now that I am getting closer to actually having my Magna intake, can somebody tell me which ford TB I need to get?  Glen's site says flange for US Ford Mustang.  Anybody know if he's talking about the 5.0 or 4.6.  I'm guessing the 4.6 since he says 65, 70, or 75mm.  I'm pretty sure the stock 5.0 TBs were 57mm at least they were for a while.  Where the 4.6 is stock with a 65mm, I think.

Thanks!

WHATISIT (#1 on the list)