Magna MPI GP, 20+ buyers,  20 Aug cut off

chiplee

NEW STUFF AS OF 13 AUG 03:  Well 20 buyers are locked in now so you've got one week to get in at these prices.  After 20 August you'll have to wait for another GP or pay full price.  check the current exchange rate on the option you need.  Phone in credit card deposits between 10PM and 5AM eastern time.  There is about a 14 hour difference so it'll be like calling between noon and 7PM over there, and he'll try to be around as much as possible.

Ok guys I'm just going to try to consolidate some info into one post at the top so new joins to the GP don't have to sift through it all to find what they need.

If you don't have a paypal account it's up to you to work out the payment via phone or mail

glen's contact info:

6 Conos Crt Donvale

Vic, 3111 , Australia

Ph 61 3 9872 3838 Fax 61 3 9872 5363 (you have to dial 011 for an international call, then dial the rest)  you'll want a calling plan or a calling card specifically for international calls for this.

If you do have  a paypal account, or want to set one up for this then send payment to mpintake@ihug.com.au for approximately 50% of the total for your choice with shipping.  

Include in the notes on the paypal payment, the option you want in detail, and the fact that this is an approximate 50% payment for Chip Fowler's 1 aug 03 group purchase.  Glen knows we will make payment in full when the deadline has passed and the total pricing for each item is determined.

If we get a few of each option but the total is 20+, then we get the 20+ pricing for each option.  Manifolds count, heads, and distributors and such do not.  If your purchase includes a manifold, then it counts toward the total.

New deadline, prices updated with current exchange rate, It's GOOD news.  Current US prices are in Bold, the exchange rate is always changed but I don't have time to update all the prices.  Please check the one that matters to you with any currency converter

Manifold AIRshipping cost $150aud ($100us) 97.75

Head shipping cost $150aud ($100us)

Manifold ground shipping cost "much cheaper" not sure yet

Magna Distributor used: $100au ($67us) 65

Magna Distributor new: $300au ($200us) 195

1) 3rd GEN head,  

intake: unmoded intake manifold flange that mounts to the 3rd gen head  

running the water to the rear near the fire wall ( due to un moded flange)  

flange plate for US Spec T-body  

$950au (635.50us)  619 or

$850au (569.59us)  554 with gen2 head

10+

$900au ($603us) 587 or

$800au ($536us) 521

2)Manifold modified for US Spec heads with 65mm TB  

$700au ($469us) 456

10-20 $650au ($435us) 424

20 & up $625au ($418.75us) 407

3)Manifold modified for US Spec heads with TB flange to fit US 65mm Ford TB   (buyer supply the TB)  

$600au ($402us) 390

10 - 20 $580au ($388.60us) 378

20 & up $550au ($368.50us) 358

4)Manifold modified for use with 2nd Gen Magna Head with 65mm TB  

$650au ($435us) 424

10 - 20 $630au ($422.10us) 411

20 & up $600au ($402us) 390

5)Manifold modified for use with 2nd Gen Magna Head with flange to fit US 65mm TB (buyer supply the TB)

$550au ($368.50us) 358

10 - 20 $530au ($355.10us) 345

20 & up $510au ($341.70us) 332

gen2 head $550au ($368.50us) 358

gen3 head $650au ($435us) 424

THE LOT

Intake  

thermostat blockin plate

heater barb

adaptor plate

tb

tb bolts

thermostat bolts

gaskets tb

"    "     intake

Magna Head

Hawk 4 driver

MAP 3bar

Map Plug

150hp injectors

Sleeving

4 x Fuses

4 x Fuse holders

4 x relays

4 x Relay plugs

package deal $3893au ($2608us) 2536 W/out magna head (-$450au) ($301.50us) 293

to suit your choice of TB $3793au ($2541us) 2472 W/out magna head (-$450au) ($301.50us) 293

UPDATED 19 AUG 03:   :) beside your name means you've made the deposit.  I'd like to know via email when I can put a  :) beside your name turbo12@cox.net

87cquest  :)11

88redtsi

Banky  :)19

boosted87quest

carbide  :)9

conquest_007  :)17

conquestpa  :)21

Chris Bova  :)20

Dan  :)12

Dcrasta

Digitalww  :)8

Distorted.Clarity

drgns88Quest

Frank-tsi  :)15

froze314 :)22

gordo :)23

Gz21  :)13

HotrodTSi  :)16

Importwarrior

JasonKolda  :)3

jolyrgr

JPX

Ken Blalock  :)7

Ken_Theis  :)14

mitsusqueeshee  :)5

PDodson  :)4

phathp  :)18 <----- not sure where he falls in, I missed the message saying he's paid, sorry man  The good news is that's 18.

phishfud  :)24

pinale69  :)10

plavacca

silvrstar :)6

vengeance484  :)2

WHATISIT  :)1

Had to take a bunch of stuff off, the post was too long, everything that matters is still here.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybee ......how much ?

not sure yet, but just like the first time around, it would be far and away the best value ever offered in an MPI manifold for our beloved 2.6.  You won't get a better deal is what I'm saying.  So if you're serious about MPI then be interested in this GP, it's the best you can do for the money.

So after you buy that, what is a ball park figure of how much more

you would have to spend to get it working? Just asking 'cause I'm

low on funds right now. I am interested.

That's a reasonable question.  You may want to consider buying parts for the project when they come along.  Making one big purchase for everything required to do the swap will go into the $2000 region.  Here's a general idea of what you'll need though.

Manifold, modified for direct bolt on

65mm TB, or thereabouts

TPS, Air Temp, Coolant temp, and MAP sensors with all required new connectors

4 new injectors if you choose but I'd say get them from Holley and save $300

I paid $125per for Rochesters from Glen

Engine management, I'd suggest the Hawk EC21 EMU with wiring loom and diagram and software, comes with sensors all for like $700

Fuses, relays, relay bank for wiring,

All that plus say $500 for fabricating intercooler pipes, throttle linkage, having your intercooler modified, relocating your battery or getting provolt so it's small enough to run intercooler pipes past http://www.geocities.com/chip_lee_iii/thanksmikek.html and you'll be spending at least $2k.  Plan on $2500 before it's all said and done because of misc. expenses.  I wish I'd have kept all receipts but I'm also glad I didn't.  

I'll tell you what I tell everyone.  This modification, if done carefully and meticulously, will be the most rewarding thing you ever do to your car.  You will modernize your aging electrical system, revitalize your tired throttle response, and open up the potential for big big HP and TQ.  When completed this modification looks like it was meant to be.  Many of us have remarked how perfectly proportioned it looks under the hood, like it was made that way http://www.26liter.us/dugallery/pictures/nightengine2.jpg  Check out the MPI T&T forum and see how happy people have been who've done the swap.  Justifying the cost really requires that you take a step back and consider the big picture.  Look at how many of us have built up our engines, spent thousands on internal components, only to destroy it all because of stock or bandaged stock fuel management.  Correcting the fuel distribution problem in the 2.6 will (in my opinion) correct the spun bearing problem, the melted piston problem, the uneven compression wear problem, and most importantly the breathing problem.  

I don't mean to preach but I know it's asking alot to expect guys to start a $2k to $3k project.  I submit to you that it will save you money if you plan to keep your car.  If this had been the first mod I'd ever done; if I had supplied the fuel and flow required prior to supplying big boost, I'd have saved literally thousands of dollars.  Ok I'll stop now.  It should go without saying but I'll say it anyway because it's so important.  SOLDER EVERYTHING.  Do not make splice and tape connections PLEASE.  Pretend you're building this to warranty it against failure for 20 years.  Ask questions when you have them.

I was taling about teh flange for the TB, glen makes it 2 ways, one with the au flange and he includes a TB, or without a tb and the US spec TB. the US spec TB is the same as a 5.0 mustang. I want to get like an edelbrock or bbk 75mm tb from summit instead of the 65mm au one, plus it would cut down the cost on the item for me. The only way I'm able to afford this project car is by making a lot of small purchases. It won't seem like $2000 if I buy the manifold on 1 paycheck, the injectors a TB on another, then the management on the next, and so on. Thats how I've been putting the rest of the thing together, I've been building up my motor since november, and now I'm thinking about fuel. so, yeah, if I could get it for cheaper with the us flange and no TB, I'd prefere that. Thanks, sorry for babbling.

Danny Graves

I would love to have one of these but I know I could not do the conversion myself, I'm not much of a wrencher. And I have no one to help me. Maybe next time(if there is a next time) after I've learned a little more about my Quest, I'll get one.

Mike

I would love to have one of these but I know I could not do the conversion myself, I'm not much of a wrencher. And I have no one to help me. Maybe next time(if there is a next time) after I've learned a little more about my Quest, I'll get one.

Mike

hey mike, if anything just buy the MPI and let it sit, this way you have one and dont have to worry about getting one in the future.  thats what i did, its been sitting in my garage for 2 years while i slowly buy all the things i need for it and learn more about fabricating and tunning it.  i paid 350 shipped back then and im glad i jumped the gun to buy one.