Short Shifters Are here

Bill_TSG

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock HP at the flywheel is 276.  It has the added benefit of being tied to the dyno,rear suspension sucked down probably 3 times the weight transfer it would ever see in the real world without slicks. Owner stated it just blows the tires up until mid second gear on the street  if you tried to run hard but on the dyno it hooked quick in 1st and just pulled out from there.

Sorry for the delay in response. But family member is in the hospital and has  taking up allot of my time. I am waiting on the arrive date.  They are made and all the parts are done. it is a matter of getting the 3 parties involved in the individual parts to get them all to me so I can package it up and start delivery. Working as fast as possible cause I now I am behind the predicted schedule but I am working as fast as I can.

Thanks for the patience

Bill TSG

Update

I have the bushings the pins the gaskets the instructions packs and the hardware. I am awaiting the plate and shaft.  I was told on friday that they would be in my hands in 10 working days wich means November 28.  or I can cancel my order and get a refund.  I can't do that cause I am already in this for all the money I spent on the other stuff so I have to wait even if they fail to deliver when they say.  But if I can not deliver by Monday December 1st.  Any one who wants  a refund will glady get it imediatly.  I am sorrry for the delays but sometimes people just dont follow through like they say and the dissapointment just goes down the line. I am as distressed as all of you with the supplier but I am at their mercy for the moment but you do not have to be.

Thanks Bill

i hope all here understand the effort and expence that bill has put forth and put up front to get these together for us. these are custom pieces that only come from a couple sources. i'm sure most of us have several other issues/ projects to keep us busy until these come together and are shipped. i feel all who ordered these remain patient and express our thanks that someone has taken the initiative to continue to fabricate custom items for our car. without competion we will be forced to pay higher prices to the last remaining source, and thus a bidding war on e-bay or where ever. later, carbide

Carbide, it's the fact that dates were mentioned and never fulfilled.  These people have waited more than long enough and have been more than patient.  They're probably wishing they never got in on this and got the stedebani shifter for 99 bucks last week.  I just paid for a short throw shifter a week and a half ago and I've had it for like 5 days.  Enough is enough, people want what they paid for.  There is no excuse for being 2 months off schedule.  I'm not in this gp but anyway lol  ;D

i hear what you guys are saying and they are valid points, i am not in business for myself but i imagine that if i was i'm sure that some aspects of using outside vendors there will issues that are out of your hands, thus production times get extended. i think that bill had some samples come to him that were not exactly as spec'd and had to be returned for further refinement. that is what i gathered from a earlier post, i may be mistaken. all i am saying is that $99 dollar shifter may become $250 if there is no competion out there. if bill gets so much flack from the delay then i might think he would be less likely to produce any more since i'm sure he is not making a killing selling these.

We can all appreciate the fact that anyone will even make parts for our cars, let alone a GP, but to avoid people from becoming freaked out you have to keep in touch.

I thank you Bill, for doing this one. Just keep us informed. Peace to all.

Bill,  i know what a pain these GP can be especially when it is out of your control, me and my car arent going anywhere and my restoration isnt on a timeline so thanks for the communication and all the trouble you have gone through.

regards

jeff

(patient)