Intercooler Techniques "CO2 Intercooler Chiller"

backslider

I've seen Chris's Work, and its awesome...he Built and tested his system on his own car, there is DYNO sheets to show the gains....AND he's established as a GREAT seller in the DSM community (lives about 5 mins from me).

Chris, I'll be by sometime the 2nd week of july to put the Starion kit together.

Yellow_quest

• 2 weeks later...
Have you priced the above kit from DEI  :o makes me laugh everytime I see it!

Chris R

Holly Crap !!   $365.00 for a bottle of CO2 some steel Line and a few switches ?

Must be the HI-TECH/NASA and Gov. Approved "cryogenic solenoid valve" that makes this KIT so expensive.

AND....And $185.00 for a spare bottle ! Come on ! this looks just like my Pitman's Paintball Gun's 5lb air tank and I paid $30.00 for it and I thought I was getting the shaft !

Ya Know !

I think I'll stick with my 3 Gal. Garden Sprayer with 50% Ice and 50% water. Or just put a Washer Nozzel facing the IC and filled the Washer tank with Ice and water !

But then again thats just me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK Guys

Just got in from bar nite and its 2:30 AM and I had a Brain fart or an illuminating revelation... NO NOT Elvis....

OK

You mean you want to use CO2 to cool the Intercooler RIGHT !

OK What is CO2, Carbon Dioxide, they use this stuff in fire extinguishers, WHY?

Because it STARVES the FIRE of OXYGEN. NO Oxygen NO fire.

With me so far ....

OK

Now... BESIDES the fact that its COLD AS HELL (Which is GOOD) WHAT will posses you to SPRAY an OXYGEN depleter (I think thats a word) into your engine bay were the air filter has a chance of injesting it and causing your car to BOGGLE because it has NO OXYGEN to burn the Fuel !

You have COLD BUT NO OXYGEN...

This will be GREAT if we can install a bottle of the stuff with jets pointing BACK or to the SIDE of the car and SPRAY the CO2 at the car we are trying to race, this way your opponent will get an Airfilter full of NO Oxygen and loose power...Just an idea.

NOT to mention if you have your windows closed you may suffer from Oxygen deprevation and kill those brain cells that will otherwise will be alive to see another BAR NITE and let Bud and Henikein do the killling...

Well its passed my bed time so I'll leve you guys with this to ponder.....

Oscar

Oscar,

The reply that I hear most of the people who make these things say is: "CO2 is heavier than O2 so it falls under the car and you most likely won't get in sucked into the air filter."

I tend to believe that the intake won't see any significant amounts of CO2 because how could the guys that dyno their cars with Inter-chillers make such gains if they were sucking in CO2?

Just my http://gape.ist.utl.pt/forum/images/smiles/extra/twocents.gif

-Tim

P.S. Page two http://forums.stangnet.com/images/smilies/owned.gif