What to do……What to do.

pliner0190mq7_zps6s8cjuey.jpg

IMG_2079.jpegAfter spending about 30 minutes writing about the above two pictures, all of the written stuff just disappeared. In the grand scheme of things, it was probably too much blather anyway, so maybe a good thing?

My purpose was to demonstrate that I’ve had these cars before, going back 20+ years. Both cars were destined to go to a JY, with the Blue one only needing a new engine, and the white one, was only a shell.

Both had big inch ford small blocks, the blue one had a TT’d 363, and the white one, a dual stage nitrous’d 393.

That was then…….2003-2007.

In 2013, I bought another one of my favorites  that started life as a “ shell”…

IMG_0284.jpeg.902e74e18cfd8344d0b116e74e995046.jpeg

And after about 10 years of modifications redo’s and improvement, became this:

IMG_0741.jpg

The irony here is that this is a Ford,…. Given my penchant for putting a ford motor in a non ford chassis, you’d think there’d be yet another boring Windsor small block under the hood.

Uhhhh.. not this time.IMG_1020.HEIC

The mighty 2j albeit for a little deceitful badging on the front cover, this is by far my favorite engine. In the car and tuned, the combo made 617whp at 23 psi. I drove  it hundreds of miles to coastal car cruise in events multiple times over the last several years, and had planned to take it on the hot rod power tour, but decided to sell it in 2022 instead. A real dumba** decision amongst my previous dumb --------------- decisions.

And although there is another project car currently undergoing its transition in my garage as of this writing, from now on we’ll just focus on the other car in my garage.

IMG_2076.jpg

All that aside, the plans for this car have already started in motion. 
This car spent a couple of its first years in Ohio, and while the body is completely rust free, the wheels are kinda rough. So step one is to correct that economically.

im gonna have them blasted and powder coated. ( thinking bronze). Kinda hard throwing away brand new rubber, so I’ll be keeping the stock stuff for now.

The car is an auto, and I’m fine with that. After having a 2 Jz sing 23 psi songs to me followed by the big whoosh when the bov cracked open, the barely audible turbo spool leaves me wanting. I want some form of that again.

i have a 220 lph Bosch style pump laying in a drawer, idk if that will work to upgrade the fuel delivery so advise me please if not.

my plan is to buy stand alone fuel injector mounts that are threaded in, and use the factory intake. I’ll replace the tbi unit with an elbow and some standard TB to pass the air. I’ll use the new AMP’d efi micro squirt to control the engine, and put a 36-1 trigger wheel and a jy EDIS-4 to control ignition and batch fire and let edis do a wasted spark thingy. If the distributor is only controlling ignition and isn’t required to drive something else, I may consider pulling it and plugging the hole, I haven’t looked at that yet.

i guess I have to replace the exhaust manifold to put some t3-t4 turbo on it.

whatever modest power boost I can expect from that plan, w/o compromising durability or reliability will dictate that I guess. I do not intend to try and cram some v8 or 1jz in place as stated, I’m already kinda happy with the car as is.

but I forget who’s I’m talking about sometimes,….I bore easily.

Edited by Mike7447
All my s*** disappeared except the pictures of
  • Like 1