WTB Conquest Passenger Taillight Housing

GoldStar

I have one spare, but I just checked, and it's a driver's side, sorry.

If yours have rusted reflectors, they're not too hard to restore; just sandpaper and silver or white paint and they're as good as new. I think there's a how-to post around here somewhere.

Thanks for the suggestions, I might give that a shot on my old rusted set that I still have lying around.

6 hours ago, The Rabbit1 said:

use a rubber kitchen mat from walmart to make a gasket to seal taillight to car.

Mikie/MKS Motorsport sells those seals now actually, I already have a couple.

The best-looking set I've seen restored actually used gloss white paint on the reflectors. I know it seems like you should use something shiny, as close to a chrome-plated look as possible, but the diffused glow off the white background looks really nice. Anything is better than dull/rusted ones, though.

Yeah, the pre-cut gaskets from MKS (I think they are still made by Natallica) are the way to go.

I wouldn't reseal a housing with silicone. You'll be cursing if you ever have to open it up again. Butyl rubber, like the factory used, is the best choice.

• 10 months later...

To update this, I ended up pulling mine apart, cleaning up as much rust as I could (there was a lot), and resprayed with aluminum paint. Does look noticeably more dull, but does the job for now. Plan is to do the driver's side with a gloss white to see how it comes out. If I like it I'll re-do the passenger.