Transmission just went out

Turbo Cary

Well my trans decided it didnt want to exist anymore and destroyed itself lol. Now I am stuck on the side of the road for the time being. At least I have a spare parts car with a good trans to put in. Horray for Conquests! I hope everyones weekend is a little better than mine.

Well my transmission locked in first a couple of days ago, from a light. So at least I made it home....very slowly. And I just spent 1 grand to get it rebuilt 700 miles ago. I was like....how does the stock one last 80k and your rebuild cant make it a 1k miles.

It moves and drives but it sounds like a bad U joint when a drive shaft knocks.

My center console around the shifter is busted so I could see down into where the end of the trans is and the yoke at the trans is wiggling when it moves. So I assume the main shaft bearing failed. Or it could be the counter shaft bearing as I have an early style trans.

87 tranny 54000 miles still going strong at 20 psi:) as long as i dont launch ill be fine.just hard to get into 3rd at high rpm. My condolensces to your tranny turbo cary!

It moves and drives but it sounds like a bad U joint when a drive shaft knocks.

My center console around the shifter is busted so I could see down into where the end of the trans is and the yoke at the trans is wiggling when it moves. So I assume the main shaft bearing failed. Or it could be the counter shaft bearing as I have an early style trans.

mine did that! one 10psi pull after it locked up...at a light...in the middle turning lane...4 lanes wide lol. i was hx40 mpi at the time, i put it in 2nd, pulled the rpm up to about 3200, dumped the clutch and floored it lol. made it off the road, that was ALL the trans had left lol

Dude my car is making the same jingle jangles of death noise yours did. Did you ever tear it down and see what the failure was?

I started to, but never had the time. I really wanted to see it too lol