Alternator replacement

81zfan

I remember people posting comments and questions about the stronger Alternator that you can get on Ebay for around 100 bucks. Does anyone have any experience with that particular one, and if so can you please post a link for it?

I noticed a conversion kit on there and it was from a member here... I DO NOT want the conversion set-up, I just want the 100 or 110 amp direct fit.

That's the one I was looking at but i didn't think it was Reman. Can you honestly tell a difference, or is it pretty much the same.

Mine has reached it's limit now, I have to leave a quick start hooked to it just let it idle and stuff while I'm working on it

Yeah I notice a difference. The voltage drop is not as dramatic when you have a load on the car with the lights on and stereo going. Plus it has lasted longer than any factory remaned one I got from O'Reilly's. The only thing you have to do is put a larger ring terminal on our alternator wire to fit the larger thread on the back of this alternator.

Thats all I needed to hear. I just wanted to get someone's opinion that has experience with running one. I tried a crappy one from Advance, and my stock 27 year old Alt. seems to work better than it did. I'll give this one a shot soon and see how it does.