6 puck stage 3 clutch issues

corbin42511

So I bought a fidanza flywheel and a "stage 3 6puck" clutch and pressure plate from someone on here and I threw it into my car as I was overpowering the "stock" clutch that the previous owner had put in the car. I had an issue with the clutch not disengaging completely. So I replaced the clutch fluid and bled the system then I did the zero play clutch clevis mod and then I welded a but on the end ofy clutch clevis to give me more throw... Now my master cylinder shaft that threads into the clevis has bent. Any suggestions?

The master cylinder shaft bent?? That's a new one for me. Does it feel like the clutch is hanging up on something? Did you have to press the clutch EXTRA hard when it bent? Did you make sure the clutch fork and slave are all lined up properly?

Hunting for some more information :)

why do you thing you need more throw? Tell us more about your "stage 3 clutch".

You could have a warped fidanza friction plate, pressure plate, or disk. A slipping clutch puts out a LOT of heat.

Possibly a mismatched setup not giving enough air gap.

damaged input shaft or pilot bearing not allowing good engine-trans disengagement.

Replace that bent rod and we can start from there.

I needed more throw because when I fully depressed the clutch pedal the clutch was still grabbing. The clutch has been very heavy since I put the new pressure plate in. I figured it was just how heavy the new pressure plate was.

Sweet! The fulcrum pin shim sounds like the winning ticket here! I didn't think of that. I have a used master and clevis on the way and will be pulling the tranny to shim the fulcrum soon thank you all for the info!