Whats the hardest job youve done on your starquest??

mr-starion

How did that happen?

I tried roasting the tires getting on the freeway, dumped the clutch at too high of RPM, sheared the alignment pin and the flywheel bolts. Heard the flywheel wobble and babied it to a friends house nearby for repair. Countless hours of drilling out broken drill bits and easy outs because the bolts sheared off at an angle inside of the crank.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll252/Project88Starion/Mobile%20Uploads/20150324_084431_zps1dc1jns7.jpg

Somewhere between removing the steering box (and replacing the seals) and getting the lower control arms loose from the rear hubs.

The steering box is just a royal pain to get to and remove; the lower control arm required an impact to rotate the bolt while someone hammered on the bolt using a hammer and punch.

Replaced a head gasket, and broke the last head bolt off flush with the block. Some oil or water got into the hole and hydro locked it with less than 1/4" left, I thought it was snugged down but when I torqued it, it snapped clean off and I pulled the whole bolt out of the head with no threads on it. Had to pull it all back apart and tow the car to a machine shop to get the broken bolt out.

Since then I always blast out the block bolt holes with compressed air!