Is .76-.80 rich enough?

Silver86

I have installed an air/fuel ratio gauge and notice that under WOT, I go only as rich as around .76-.80. Is this rich enough or do I have a problem? (It's only the first green bar on a standard narrow band air/fuel ratio guage). My car is running stock fuel system at about 10psi, with Walbro 255 pump.

Thanks!

.76-.80 are lambda measurements. Most people in the US aren't familiar with lambda and wont want to convert the readings all the time. A proper wideband will give you a different measurement. Like 14.7:1 for example. 14.7 lbs of air to 1 lb of fuel. Above 14.7 is lean and below 14.7 is rich. When cruising 14.7 is ideal. When boosting you want the AFR around 12:1. The rich mixture cools the cylinders and prevents detonation.

It common for people to use lamda to tune with. Most gauges have the ability to switch between lamda and afr. I know my aem wideband is able along with some of innovate's gauges.

.8 lamda = 11.76 afr and .76 lamda = 11.12

The very general formula..

afr = lamda * 14.7

.76-.80 are lambda measurements. Most people in the US aren't familiar with lambda and wont want to convert the readings all the time. A proper wideband will give you a different measurement. Like 14.7:1 for example. 14.7 lbs of air to 1 lb of fuel. Above 14.7 is lean and below 14.7 is rich. When cruising 14.7 is ideal. When boosting you want the AFR around 12:1. The rich mixture cools the cylinders and prevents detonation.

i was going off his mention of location on a narrowband gauge