Auto Transport

NikoFab

I believe I've seen posts regarding this before, but I'm sure companies, entities, and experiences change. I'm looking to hire an auto transport company to transport a car to me here in Houston. I've heard the horror stories, so I'm wondering if any of you have used companies before. I'm looking for a good reputable company with no tricks or hidden fees of course.

Any advice or recommendations are appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

Depends how much you want to spend. Covered service or enclosed transport or the more common open transport.

If it's not an exotic or a new car, plain open transport should do just fine. On a cross country trip, expect the car to arrive filthy dirty.

Take pics of the car prior to loading on

the truck and pics upon arrival, compare.

Try Central Dispatch. They will find a transporter for you at a competitive rate.

I used an transport to move my car from Florida to South Carolina. I really had to shop around because a few were outrageous in price. One guy did it for 350 bucks. It took about a week and a half to get to me.

My car was a busted EF civic so I didnt care if it was dirty or had damage. Take pictures if it is a car you care about. Also write down the mileage

Dont use a broker, they're very hit or miss. Ive only used actual companies and dealt with them 1 on 1. I've seen first hand how brokered companies do s***. One lost my friends Galant VR4 from their own lot then found it ******** up and didn't want to take any responsibility for it. The extra money you pay is well worth it.

I have other horror stories as well.

Depends how much you want to spend. Covered service or enclosed transport or the more common open transport.

If it's not an exotic or a new car, plain open transport should do just fine. On a cross country trip, expect the car to arrive filthy dirty.

Take pics of the car prior to loading on

the truck and pics upon arrival, compare.

Try Central Dispatch. They will find a transporter for you at a competitive rate.

i've used 2 transport services. 1 was via the broker Uship which was fine and the other was Montway

don't expect a lot of communication....but both services were fine

I used an transport to move my car from Florida to South Carolina. I really had to shop around because a few were outrageous in price. One guy did it for 350 bucks. It took about a week and a half to get to me.

My car was a busted EF civic so I didnt care if it was dirty or had damage. Take pictures if it is a car you care about. Also write down the mileage

Dont use a broker, they're very hit or miss. Ive only used actual companies and dealt with them 1 on 1. I've seen first hand how brokered companies do s***. One lost my friends Galant VR4 from their own lot then found it ******** up and didn't want to take any responsibility for it. The extra money you pay is well worth it.

I have other horror stories as well.

Appreciate the feedback everybody

this the car in carolina?

im still up for the roadtrip lol, if it isnt heavier than a quest ill borrow a dolley and haul it over lol

Yessir...still working through as much as I can through pics and emails. Trying to plan ahead if it goes through.