9 More Discontinued Japanese Performance Cars That Deserve A Successor

NikoFab

An Eclipse a Japanese car?

The rest are Japanese and still quite common here, Starion being the rarest.

You could buy them all in good condition for about $10-15 US thousand. (not each, all)

The Nissan Pulsar GTiR is a total crapheap, Prelude Type s has the same power as a Silvia Turbo (Sr20det) the Subaru pictured ain't turbo and the twin turbo VR-4 is over rated.

An Eclipse a Japanese car?

The rest are Japanese and still quite common here, Starion being the rarest.

You could buy them all in good condition for about $10-15 US thousand. (not each, all)

The Nissan Pulsar GTiR is a total crapheap, Prelude Type s has the same power as a Silvia Turbo (Sr20det) the Subaru pictured ain't turbo and the twin turbo VR-4 is over rated.

Whoa take it easy there man. I didn't write the article...I just posted the link.

A lot of these were never sold in the US, like that version Celica GT-4, that model Galant VR4, Accord Type-R... I think it's funny that they would include a pic of the last Eclipse as if it was a car people want to bring back. Are hairdressers demanding it's return? lol

Why does almost everyone think the gt3000/stealth is not the next generation starion/conquest? If the starion name was more successful in marketing, I don't see why the wouldn't have named it that.

The 3000 definitely took the Starion's place in the lineup. I wonder if it would have sold better here if they kept it's Japanese name, the GTO.

Interesting read here on the history...

Edited by Fuze