STRUT NOISE / CLATTERING

drronn@hotmail.com

So I replaced everything in the front end of my 86, tie rods, ball joints, pit man arm, sway bar, struts and strut plates and the f'n thing still sounds like the front wheels are or engine is going to fall out.. It clanks and clatters like crazy...Horribly annoying and no f'n mechanic around here can seem to figure it out what the hell it is...So any information or suggestions would be grateful before I drive it into a wall..

Are there any full schematics / diagrams of the struts and all components anywhere???

THanks in advance

Ronn

drronn@hotmail.com

Make sure the wheel bearings are tight. Also make sure the nut at the top of the strut housing is as tight as you can make it. If the nuts are slightly loose the strut will move inside the housing making a clunking noise.

X2 - Again does anyone have SCHEMATICS? I have a similar problem. Also are you suppose to grease the tops of them? I have the KYB G-2's so I was told you should not need to do this.

I will try to tighten them some more but need to known about the grease question?

Please advise,,

Thx,

SLim Jim

When my jam nuts on the strut housings were loose i had all the clinks and clanks, actually ended up scoring the struts and making them leak. Had to replace them since i was easily bottoming out and when i put new ones i put loctite on the jam nuts.

This will show you everything ,

http://www.starquestgarage.com/manuals/service/conquest/1988/88_conquest_service_manual_-_group_02_-_front_suspension.pdf