87 Starion project, eventually subaru powered ;)

95lwrx

I just picked up this 87 starion recently, it's been about ten years since i have worked on one, this one needed a motor but it was a solid rust free body with ground control sleeves and tokico struts so i figured i should grab it. immediate plans are to get the stock motor in and back on the road, but once i get some money saved up i plan to find a donor wrx car and hopefully make some magic happen!

i have been playing with subarus for the last 12 years so that's not a issue, i should be able to use the wrx trans i will just convert to rwd, then i can use the stock rear end and will just need a driveshaft made. there will obviously be alot of fab work and wiring to deal with but i'm not to worried about that. the main reason i want to do this is to the best of my knowledge it hasn't been done yet and i think a starion with the subaru rumble would be quite sexy!!

but i'm in the process of moving also so that will slow down progess for me. here are some pics of the car as it sits now

post-26695-0-69879400-1405726166_thumb.jpg

post-26695-0-58545200-1405726145_thumb.jpg

post-26695-0-71733100-1405726121_thumb.jpg

post-26695-0-28250400-1405726062_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
so after looking around, bill hincher makes a apapter plate for subaru engines to toyota trans. so i will most likely just go with a w58 instead of messing around with the subaru trans. hope to have some mock up pics by the end of the month, moving in two weeks.

• 5 months later...