purchased two new injectors now it will not start

kenzie

I purchased two new injectors from fuelinjectorclinic.com and now it will not start or hold idle.

It did technically start a couple times but would not idle, now will not start at all.

car is an 1986 conquest and uses two matching 850cc injectors

I also purchased and soldered in two new clip connectors..

when I install my old injectors, the car does start, but has rich issues due to one injector having a straight spray pattern (I posted about that in this other thread after I had them cleaned and tested http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=143574 )

I did test the new injectors that they will open and close by connecting a AA battery to them and listened for a click, which they did.

With the old aftermarket injectors it runs rich, black smoke, idles fine but when running it on the road under load the exhaust manifold heats up red hot quick. I believe it is because the injector does not atomize the spray pattern and pools up fuel in the intake.

The injectors you purchased may need to have a resistor used for them to work correctly. I'm not up on the information for this but I do know there are high and low impedance injectors. I don't remember which ones are cars are originally either. Sorry I couldn't be more help but it gives you something to look into.

its me 3 seals right ??? your cats are clogged....if car was run...( running rich or leaking antifreeze) into fuel mix will clog cats.......pull pre cat out and make sure its not clogged...put shop vacuum hose on and see if it flows good ....we need to know where in USA !!!!! trying to help with parts is easer for everyone if we know where u are at !!!! your friendly LURKER

If all your injectors are the same height, install your original one with the good pattern, and one of the new ones, see how it does. If that doesn't go well, leave the original, swap the new ones. MIGHT tell you if you've got one flooding things out, which I'd bet is going to be the issue.

And have you tried firing the car with one injector unplugged?

I have swapped them around with some tests.

Either way, I do not beileve they are flooding as the problem because with both new ones, while it would not start, I sprayed some starter fluid spray in the air can. It then started, but did not hold for long till it died back out.

I was thinking it is probably not flowing enough because of that? correct? or do I have that wrong?

When I swapped one injector for the old one with the straight spray pattern, it runs but rich like before.

What's the flow rate of the new ones? FIC engraves the flow rate on the bottom of the injectors. I'm just wondering if you got the wrong ones shipped to you by mistake. Pull the OVCP off and see if the injectors are spraying during cranking. Maybe you got a defective set of injectors.

86 FSM ( fuel control system ) Read pg # 25-12 and 25-13 ,,25-14,,25-15 talks about how fuel system works.............and all the sencers to run it.........do u have the sencer in the OVCP ( AIT 86 only) on 87 and up its in the air can....if your missing sencers or sencers are bad it will tweek how much fuel u get..... Edited by markhansenconquest

What's the flow rate of the new ones? FIC engraves the flow rate on the bottom of the injectors. I'm just wondering if you got the wrong ones shipped to you by mistake. Pull the OVCP off and see if the injectors are spraying during cranking. Maybe you got a defective set of injectors.

They are 850's. I did see their engraving on the side before installing them.

My old ones are also 850's according to the flow testing I sent them to get done before I purchased new ones.

I will look up the ovcp thing and figure out what that is and take a look. thanks

air intake temp (AIT) do u have 86 fsm. pg 14 -34 shows a picture of one ....pg14-22 shows inputs to ECU and outputs....did u check the philps screw on back of ING switch?? ( It took me 5 months to figure out that one.......) going threw the whole system is the only way to figure out whats going on....u will have to back probe ECU to find out if it is getting the right voltages, when u can get it to run..