New 87 conquest owner here in So Oregon

halfdead98

New conquest owner and I need help .... Not something that I could try to explain in detail on here .... But I need help someone that knows our cars better than I to come possibly talke a look n help me resolve the issues

Im in the porcess of breathing life into my 87 and havent gotten around to taking pics of her yet ..... having some issues with the put everything back together phase .... as soon as i get out to the shop i will take pics and stick em on here

seriously is there anyone in oregon that can spare some time to take a look at the car .... here is a quick rundown of what has happend .... i got the car from a guy in medford .... said it had no oil pressure n needed an oil pump ... pulled the engine and tore it down .... ordered an oil pump and a timeing chain set and all the gaskets and seals .... new bat and wires n plugs with coil ... and oil cooler and lines ... put everything back together ... engine in the car .... it cranked but no fire ... untill we squirted fule into the air inlet tube and it fired ... ran only for a min ... then craked over on its own by the turn of the key ran for a bout 2 min on its own... now no fire... and no spark ... and Im lost .... pics wont help as everything looks ok to me ... some one who knows this car better than I who could look at the car and tell me where I went wrong would help so much ... thank you all for your time and reading this I would be willing to come get you and pay for everything you wouldnt even have to touch the car. Edited by halfdead98

Listen for the fuel pump humm when you first turn on the key. If ya dont hear it, your going to have to verify its working. That will put to rest the fuel issue.

ok ... took pics ... hopefully you gurus in here can take a look n see what my issues are ... there is no tach bounce and it may be possible the coil went bad .... however the coil was new and it did run ... and the fule pump hum / wine is present .... pics are too big to post will attach a photobucket link Edited by halfdead98

Cant tell from the pictures. Try your service manual 14-28

http://www.starquestgarage.com/manuals/service/conquest/1988/88_conquest_service_manual_-_group_14_-_fuel_system.pdf

Check for presence of fuel at throttle body by pulling a line or watching injector spray with a flashlight shining in the throttle body. Check injectors for opening with same test. Check for 12 volts at injectors. One side will have 12 volts.

Sounds like you have fuel from previous posts but make sure injectors are actually opening and spraying.

Now check for spark , start at plugs, wires, cap and rotor, You'll need a DMM to do some more tests on the coil and the triggering system.

You say you have no tachometer movement? That tells us its the coil or the wiring to it.

Check codes too..

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=130614&hl=reader

Edited by JohnnyWadd