from Minnesota with a turbo'd 5.7 Hemi Conquest saying Hi

88hemiquest

I`ve broken quite a few stock axles. But, I have also run 9.0et with 1.35 sixty on stock set up. I discovered that launching above 5500 RPM would break them. But, that`s with my little 2.0 motor. You will have a lot more torque.

I don`t think you`ll have a problem with the diff. What gear set you running?

It`s been years since I`ve dealt with DSS, but they used to be great to deal with on the phone. Plus, they fixed anything I broke.

Good luck with your Quest.

I have seen your pics...DAMN! That is very impressive! The pics of pulling the wheels, is that with stock axles?

I used to compete in NDRA. I remember pulling wheelstands all day at Budd`s Creek. We went to the next race at Cordova and broke six axles. We didn`t change the launch settings and never got off the starting line that day. Called DSS after that event. Just when we got confidence in the axles they let us down. They will take a beating and they will also break.

If you`re going to launch hard, have some spares on hand. You might end up dropping some coin on DSS axles anyway. Some of those pics were on stock axles, some weren`t.

This launch was on stock axles.

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq216/express741/BuddsCreek.jpg

I used to compete in NDRA. I remember pulling wheelstands all day at Budd`s Creek. We went to the next race at Cordova and broke six axles. We didn`t change the launch settings and never got off the starting line that day. Called DSS after that event. Just when we got confidence in the axles they let us down. They will take a beating and they will also break.

If you`re going to launch hard, have some spares on hand. You might end up dropping some coin on DSS axles anyway. Some of those pics were on stock axles, some weren`t.

This launch was on stock axles.

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq216/express741/BuddsCreek.jpg

Don't mean to highjack our friends thread and you probably know that i am a big fan of your car,but somehow i didn't get clearly what you are talking about....the dss as a company or the driveshafts of dss eventually let you down?

What kind of hp and torque your engine produces,what trans exactly and you where wheeling all day?

Your pics look awsome and i have them in my laptop and cell phone and everytime i am furious with my car,i look at the pictures and i say to my self that someday i want to do the same in the starting line..the difference is that i ain't gonna lift my foot :D :D :D :D :D

Don't mean to highjack our friends thread and you probably know that i am a big fan of your car,but somehow i didn't get clearly what you are talking about....the dss as a company or the driveshafts of dss eventually let you down?

What kind of hp and torque your engine produces,what trans exactly and you where wheeling all day?

Your pics look awsome and i have them in my laptop and cell phone and everytime i am furious with my car,i look at the pictures and i say to my self that someday i want to do the same in the starting line..the difference is that i ain't gonna lift my foot :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the compliments. The Drive Shaft Shop(DSS) axles never let me down. The stock axles are strong, but will break depending on conditions. My car made 675hp. Powerglide transmission. If you have more questions about my car, please shoot me a PM, so we don`t hijack the OP`s thread.

One more thing for the OP. The stock axles are prone to break right at the spline area, where it fits in the diff. Check for broken pieces in the diff housing if you break one.

• 1 month later...