New to the forum from Illinois

LSQuest88

Hey guys! I have a 1988 Chrysler Conquest SHP and had it for around 6 years. It has spent a lot of its time on jack stands since I've had it as its gone through many changes until last spring when I finally finished a setup that I liked and could trust to be reliable. It is an LS1 swap with a tremec tko 600 with .64 overdrive for cruising gas mileage. I originally bought the car from a local used car lot that always has unique things. It originally had a hacked up 400 sbc swap with a turbo 400 trans. The 400 ran decent but needed a rebuild. So I saved a few $$$ and went crazy with the 400. That's where the tremec tko 600 originally came in along with forged internals and a paxton novi 2000 blow through carb setup, planning on making it a street strip car but ended up going overboard to the point I couldn't afford 5mpg and never got it running how I wanted. An LS1 swap had always been what I wanted but all the wiring with the fuel injection scared me. I finally became man enough to give it a try and couldn't be happier now. Put 1500 trouble free miles on it. LS1 is just stock with a mild cam. Currently best 1/4 mile to date is 12.1 at 112mph. Gets 20mpg highway. Car is completely rust free, still running stock rear differential and axles. Was on stock suspension up until a couple years ago when I saved up for some D2s which are definitely worth the money by the way! I don't have a whole lot of pictures but luckily I stumbled across this forum by accident when I found a thread that I knew was about my car when I was looking for random parts lol. Pics are on the following thread:

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=138256&st=0

That is basically the story of my conquest and how far I've come with it.

I already said hello on that thread but figured not everyone would see it so wanted to make sure I got to meet everybody! Look foward to getting to know everyone. Thanks guys

Josh

I believe I have seen that convette in a few articles. That's the red one with the all redone interior correct? I've also seen a turbo LS1 build with a light blue color conquest as well. Definitely a lot of interesting info that I found reading up on those 2 cars. Unfortunately I didn't find them til I was almost done swapping mine in. Hopefully ill make it out a lot more this year

While I'm here and must be too new to start a new topic in virtual mechanic....does anyone know the easiest way to disable the factory alarm system on our cars? Mine goes off all the time when you open the doors even if you wait a few minutes after unlocking it and I'm eventually going to let my fiance drive my car to work and I dont want it going off on her and not know what to do. I don't need an alarm system on it anyway since it stays in a secure garage so its just a nuisance. I'd rather just disable it and be done with it. I can't seem to find the fuse for it and I'm not sure where the alarm ecu is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

• 1 month later...
Thanks gents! Aconro you must be talking smokin coop? Haha thanks for the compliment, its coming along now that I have a solid reliable build I'm gonna try to enjoy it as much as I can this summer then work on painting it and stuff this fall. Nice to have the mechanical part done for now to concentrate on the much needed and overlooked other things for a change. Hope to see you around

Well first off follow the rule measure twice cut once lol. Really not terribly hard just a lot of trial and error. There's a lot of solutions kit there nowadays to help with swaps. Universal weld in motor mounts that you measure and cut to your needs, stuff like that. Few things that really helped my swap was using 2010 camaro ss stock manifolds from LS3. They fit in very nicely and cleared my steering. One other thing was holley makes an aftermarket hot rod swap oil pan for LS engines part #302-1. That pan is worth every penny, clears the stock crossmember and actually the crossmember hangs lower than the deep part of the pan so its tucked up nice and protected. Also being an LS1 it uses a throttle cable instead of computer controlled throttle body. I used an aftermarket wiring harness from a place called PSI conversions I believe, also worth every penny. The harness saved a lot of headaches and only comes with the necessary plugs to use on the motor. The main thing with swapping in any motor is keep it as simple as possible. Focus on getting it running right and get all the bugs out first and then modify later.