Auburn LSD

yamahlr

I'm not into a lot of the diff. swapping stuff, but thought this might be of interest / help. I also have a 1987 Ram 50 4X4 and did an exhaustive search for a LSD. I hit paydirt a few months ago when I tracked down a Power Brute lsd that was a fitment for the Ram 50 4X4 (4 cyl) rear diff. I located the supplier that bought the inventory of Auburn Gear and they had about 30 of the LSD units in their warehouse. They were actually JDM manufactured by the same supplier to Mitsu. We did a group buy at the Ram 50 site which was successful. If anyone is interested, pm or email me and I'll fill in the details or if this is a fitment for our cars, I can hit the rep again for a group buy. Note: I believe they will it the Raider(4 cyl.) too.

They will not fit the cars.............. There was a guy looking for one for a truck just a little while ago. I as going to mention there were after market units, but ever go it posted.

Thanx John!

The research I did was that these (for a number of imports) were sourced by Auburn from the OEM manufacturer in Japan. They are new in the Auburn box and after the sale, were renamed Power Brute. I called the company and at the time of the group buy they had about 30. They're as is, there are no replacement parts available. If there is a group buy, we can buy direct from the company otherwise they will designate a dealer they could be purchased from online. I bought 2 they seem to of excellent quality. I haven't installed it yet, but the guys who have, nothing negative about the product. If anyone knows a owner with a V6 Montero / Raider, if I recall,they had 2 of those units left. They also a several other makes on the shelf too.

I considered buying one of these way back when my turbo truck was fresh on the road. Ended up with a Montero unit about a year later. I had no ideal they were the same unit. My old truck was fun in the snow. I used to do 4wd launch's at the track. :D It would clear the dash and empty the coin tray.

From what I know about montero diffs, the rear of 2.6 and 3.0 are different. Neither interchange with the cars.

Depending on which truck (2.6 vs 3.0) and which quest (there are 3 options, forget what its based on)... the truck front diffs and car rears to some degree interchange. In turn some company (aussie locker maybe??) makes front diff lockers or lsd's for the trucks, and those might work for the cars. Rear truck to rear car unfortunatly doesn't work.