Just Another Newbie...1988 Conquest

mopar jon

Hello Starquest Club, Ive been into old mopars for a long time, and always wondered what Chrysler was thinking with this car. Now i know, they are alot cooler and rarer then i realized back in the day, lower production then a Dart or a Duster and based on what the MSRP was, its no wonder not many sold. Anyways, this one needs to have the engine redone, seems to be missing some parts, so ill keep you posted on the progress, and if anyones has parts cars, let me know.Darn, wont let me upload the pics, ill have to figure this out..... Good Day to All

Hi Jon, welcome. These are not mopar or Chrysler really other than the name. The car is 100% Mitsubishi.

Be sure to take some time reading through the FAQ section. Every question about these cars has been answered twice at least and if you try to educate yourself a little on a topic, people will be much more willing to help out.

Best of luck with your project!

Way to go jon! you just bought an awesome car, NEVER, NEVER, let it heat up, I had one 15 years ago and warped the aluminum heads, It was never the same, I don't care what you do to it! had to sell it! I just bought another '88 original tsi, but this one has the SHP package, all original 88,000 miles, this one I'm bringing back to life, ALL ORIGINAL! I will post pics when ready, fiji blue, original wheels, paint, interior, and engine! I can't wait till it's done! 5.0 mustangs and any chevy production cars, even vettes, BEWARE!

I used to get these cars into my shop when they were new for stereo and alarm work and all this was long before the big craze for fast japanese cars. Its amazing how certain things over time take on a new respect, these cars were truely ahead of their time.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Jack, ive already got in touch with a couple of members here for parts, and have ordered other items from e-bay. Not alot available from where i work but was surprised i could get a few things.

Ive found a few things over the years from rock auto for other projects, so ill check them again, I also bought a 87 quest parts car last week that still has a few goodies left on it. It was a former Sakura Racing/Motorsports car that spent a couple years racing in Puerto Rico. I was told it has all kinds of nice mods to the 2.6 engine, just need to get this 88 quest finished first before i dig into that one.