NikoFab JDM Rear Hatch Spoiler Group Buy III: GP Closed

NikoFab

I seem to recall multiples of four being needed i.e. 4, 8, 12, 16, etc. Something about a sheet of acrylic making four units. My point being that there are currently seven people waiting with several having already paid in full. I understand that Niko is being quite honorable and not changing the terms of the GP but would it be possible or would those already paid or put down deposits willing to go along with this? I assume the price would change as well. Im not trying to be difficult or cause aggravation for anyone. I dont know any of the back end communication reparding peoples non payments so everything could be paid by tomorrow. I just done think it likely.

I say this because i would like a spoiler and am happy to pay in full or send the deposit. I just dont see reaching 12 or even 10 units in the next six months. I would be payment/deposit number eight. What do you all think? Maybe im just being a horses behind.

Way I understood it was it was a matter of money to get the things going so a few paid in full to raise the capital. I think and it is only my opinion, is these will be easier to sell once fabricated. So if Nick has the money to start and not reach into his own pocket all should be a go. Nikofab feel free to correct me if I am wrong. B Edited by bodhi

I seem to recall multiples of four being needed i.e. 4, 8, 12, 16, etc. Something about a sheet of acrylic making four units. My point being that there are currently seven people waiting with several having already paid in full. I understand that Niko is being quite honorable and not changing the terms of the GP but would it be possible or would those already paid or put down deposits willing to go along with this? I assume the price would change as well. Im not trying to be difficult or cause aggravation for anyone. I dont know any of the back end communication reparding peoples non payments so everything could be paid by tomorrow. I just done think it likely.

I say this because i would like a spoiler and am happy to pay in full or send the deposit. I just dont see reaching 12 or even 10 units in the next six months. I would be payment/deposit number eight. What do you all think? Maybe im just being a horses behind.

The multiple you're referring to is 12...I can get 12 units out of a sheet of acrylic...which, by the way I have already ordered...and it's not cheap, especially at the gauge (thickness) that I use. This is not a flimsy unit like the original factory piece.

I just received my email receipt of the order, so I'm just waiting to be able to go pick it up. And yes, I'm out money by doing this.

Way I understood it was it was a matter of money to get the things going so a few paid in full to raise the capital. I think and it is only my opinion, is these will be easier to sell once fabricated. So if Nick has the money to start and not reach into his own pocket all should be a go. Nikofab feel free to correct me if I am wrong. B

Right on the money sir. I would ideally front the money on this, but I'm already out over $4K on the airdam group buy, and will never go out of pocket like that again.

Well, my assumptions are obviously incorrect. The only thing i have to add is; what would the shipping cost be to 22192.

Not trying to rock the boat just thinking out loud. My appologies if i offended anyone.

Not at all sir...no worries. PM'd you with full quote.

Edited by NikoFab

Great to hear this is moving forward; what's the ETA for shipping out for those of us already paid up?

It just depends on how much time I can dedicate to them. I'm slated for a seventy hour work week this week, so I'll have limited time. But I'll keep you guys up to date.

I can't really just knock these out one after another. Thermal-forming acrylic is not the easiest thing in the world. If I rush and take a bend too far, or stem the wrong angle...game over for that unit...it won't bend back correctly. The center supports still have to be fabricated as well...another time-eater due to the seal and resin. But the mounting brackets are water cut, crimped, and perfed. They still need a finish on them but that's the easy part.

If I were to put money on it, I'd say I'll have them all done and ready to ship end of May...not bad considering I got the acrylic less than a week ago.

Edited by NikoFab

Thought this might make a few of you smile. One wing down...

http://www.nikofab.com/uploads/3/2/3/6/3236317/4794227_orig.jpg

http://www.nikofab.com/uploads/3/2/3/6/3236317/3931932_orig.jpg

http://www.nikofab.com/uploads/3/2/3/6/3236317/8667042_orig.jpg

http://www.nikofab.com/uploads/3/2/3/6/3236317/3044576_orig.jpg