4g63/4g64 is it worth it?

Well I figured since my old 1986 dodge charger made about 350WHP with a 8v TII I4 dodge engine and a few mods (injectors, tune, cam, ported intake, exhaust and head, bigger turbine housing, performance springs and retainers, walbro 255.), these mitsu motors should handle way more. I don't want to spend the money on a g54b/4g64 starion if it's not going to outperform a cheap old dodge. I'm planning on serious RWD power, not mild power. Edited by questbooster

Well I figured since my old 1986 dodge charger made about 350WHP with a 8v TII I4 dodge engine and a few mods (injectors, tune, cam, ported intake, exhaust and head, bigger turbine housing, performance springs and retainers, walbro 255.), these mitsu motors should handle way more. I don't want to spend the money on a g54b/4g64 starion if it's not going to outperform a cheap old dodge. I'm planning on serious RWD power, not mild power.

350hp i serious power, you can get more than that in the SOHC G54b. It is just work and money.

I'd build the g54... Stock I stomped many of my friends mildly tuned 4g64s and the g54 fealt like it had much more torque. Not many other cars I've driven like this you could drift in 3rd by throwing it in and just stomping the pedal to get the tires burning!

• 4 weeks later...

ok theres the best route for you to go,, get a 2.4 out of a dodge truck it'l bolt right to your conquest tranny,, now pick up a 2.0 DOHC turbo head , with slight modifications it'l bolt right up to the 2.4

you should use diff pistons to lower the compression over stock pistons , add oil squirters,, the boss is already there ,all a machine shop has to do is drill and tap the threads for the squirters

as for 11k rpms thats a dream that you ain't gona see,, and you do not need it 7500 is doable and is all your gona need ,,this ain't no honda , your power band will be 4k to 6.5k any way

for fuel control you can use the DSM ecu or MS , all kinds of after market suport toys for the DSM