Left Dash Light switch assembly **** 19 year old needs!!

austinyoung420

yes, the switches are the same. i have both that was working fine before I got rear ended. still should be working fine but I'll test them before I ship.$50 for both shipped. PM me if you still need them.

Is yours physically broken? If it is, you've got to replace it, and $25 is a good price. You'll have many more things to fix on this car, it's 25 years old and it's going to take maintenance to keep it drivable and dependable.

If the switch is still intact but just not working as well anymore you can take it apart and clean the contacts. You'll need to remove it from the car and take to a clean table with a bit of space. They're not too complicated.

• 2 weeks later...
so vbrad, can the switch assy be disassembled where a broken button (one that doesn't stay in the assy) can be replaced with a one salvaged from another switch. Mine has the headlight button that won't stay in the switch because the little catch is broken off. Thanks.

You can interchange parts (if I remember right). Just make sure to disassemble on a clean bench (not in the car) and use great care. There are little springs inside that could jump when you take it apart. Dab a little dielectric grease on the contacts before you button it back up.