no light on my auto air conditioner

rioyellow

hey guys I was driving down the road and the light on my heater control when out so now I don't have heater what could be the problem......wont tern on wen cars on

I would suggest looking in the "88 FSM, Section 8, and fuse block layout and check to see if the fuse to the AC System circuitry is blown or loose in the fuse block under the dash on the drivers side. If there is no power to the AC Control Panel then the Heater/AC circuits ain't going to work.

If you press the control panel "buttons" do you get a beeping sound?

If the fuse is loose in the fuse block causing the problem, then tighten the fuse holders tangs so it securely holds the fuse after you disconnect the battery.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

from memory I beleave the power feed to the panel is a red/blue wire ,, there are 2 diff red/blue wires one is for the fan blower and one is for the control head ,, the most common problem with these control heads is a lost ground connection, to repair that you need to remove the panel and test the ground signal wire connection and or repair or replace with a made up jumper wire to a good ground