87 Quest, 55K miles

Dartomotive

I had a guy (Vince) show up this AM, and he didn't really know what a Conquest was. But he talked like he knew about them. It was only what he read yesterday looking on the net. He was an older guy, 60ish. Looking for a relatively low mileage Sports car, to have fun with, that didn't need a of work. So I took him out.

He wanted me to drive. He asked to turn off the AC and the Radio to see what the car sounded like. So I drove thru town some, nice and slow. Showed him it stops straight, by letting off the wheel, and hitting the brakes a little hard.

Then we went outta town. I took him on Salina road our " Snake Road" Before we got to the curves, I calmly told him there is a handle on the door if you need to hold on to something. "Na I'm good" I blasted thru the 25 mile hour turns at 60ish. He had one hand on that handle and the other on the ceiling. I could tell by the look on his face he's never been in anything like that. Vince, looked like he ahd to change his Depends. That was fun, and what Conquests are really for.

So, did he buy it? Or did you give him a heart attack?

Hey Dartomotive,

Don't over think the sale of your car. Most of these Internet buyers go to NADA or KBB and think this is a good measurement of what your car is worth. To be honest with you this is just plain ignorance. I have my 1985.5 conquest with only 63k miles on it. I thought of selling it, but know I would either need to think of a serious price to sell price or don't sell it. The other option is to just wait it out. I wouldn't sell my Quest for a penny less than 8 grand, for like it’s new. Is it worth 8k, probably maybe - may not, is someone going to pay 8k, probably not. Is someone going to pay you 6k, I think the "right" buyer will in time or marketing it on other sites may help if you haven’t done this already. I wish you the very best with the sale of your car. It's a great and beautiful car man!

Cheers, Jim

Edited by mrvwbug

So, did he buy it? Or did you give him a heart attack?

So far, No Buy, He'll probably buy a Pt Cruiser, with some plastic wood panelling on the sides and think it's cool. But he'll talk about the Conquest to his buds at Golf Course.

Edited by Dartomotive

• 4 months later...