Struts and strut mounts

Hoosierquest

So what is a good source on front struts now days? I seen that rock auto has KYB's for $43, any experience with them? If I remember in the past they were a common replacement for these cars but I have been out of the game for a while.

Also going to replace the upper mounts this time around and see they are available from rock auto too.

Last time I did my struts I did not replace the mounts and now I have some play/slop in my struts. I used Monroe struts last time and was not impressed. Much more of s spongy ride compared to stock, how do the KYB's compare.

Thanks.

KYB's worked good for me. the back i was lucky to get a set as well. but now the

only place last i knew that had rears was advance auto parts monroe type struts.

as far as mounts i hear some aftermarkets are sometimes too soft of a rubber.

becareful. might be better to get some front camber plates like mookeeh- 101propose.

"DAD" has the stock oem/mits front mounts, & "the rock" also sells a couple stock style options. GL ;) Edited by kidjc

You can still get Tokico "blues" fronts as well as the KYB's. Another option is Mookeh front & rear struts. Only rears still made that I now of. Some people will say only buy oem mitsubishi strut mounts.

Where are the front blues available from? As I got what I was told to be the Very last pair available around the U.S. about 18 months ago, came direct from the factory? Thanx!

Where are the front blues available from? As I got what I was told to be the Very last pair available around the U.S. about 18 months ago, came direct from the factory? Thanx!

Still shows them on a few sites. Definately call before ordering.

http://www.andysautosport.com/mitsubishi/1983_1987_starion/suspension/struts_and_shocks/tokico/

http://www.gripmotorsports.com/dl~pn~Mitsubishi-Starion-Tokico_Shocks_Struts.html